• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014-2015 Offseason |OT| Playoff Dreaming

Afrikan

*reads news about all of the Blue Jays offseason moves*

*googles Toronto Blue Jays owners.*

Holy Smokes, no wonder they can spend.

The league minimum salary in 2015 is increasing to $507,500.

In about 15-20 years, you can probably become a millionaire being just a replacement level bench player.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
So The Braves Way basically just boils down to "Eh, we could make you an offer but we don't think you'd take it anyways."

zroid

Banned
listening to some radio interviews with AA this afternoon... sounds like he was REALLY persistent in trying to get a deal done for Donaldson

dude probably slipped a little something into Beane's coffee at one point to help that along :lol

Enron

Banned
Don't know if I like this Torii Hunter stuff. The guy has to fall of a clff some day doesn't he?

Who else is going to go in the OF? Rangers have maybe what, 2 guys in the minors (williams, mazara) who have a shot at being decent Major League OFers? Might as well sign Hunter and run him out there for a year or so till Mazara is ready.

Personally I think the Dodgers best bet is to unload Kemp just because it will bring in a much better haul than Ethier or Crawford. Puig isn't going anywhere for better or for worse and they'll hang onto Joc Pederson. Might as well try to swing a trade using Kemp to get a catcher/shortstop and some bullpen arms.

And howdy, MLB GAF. Long time lurker, first time poster. Grew up in Toronto as a Jays fan but idolized Barry Bonds as a kid so I rep SF for my NL team.

Personally I think the Dodgers best bet is to unload Kemp just because it will bring in a much better haul than Ethier or Crawford. Puig isn't going anywhere for better or for worse and they'll hang onto Joc Pederson. Might as well try to swing a trade using Kemp to get a catcher/shortstop and some bullpen arms.

And howdy, MLB GAF. Long time lurker, first time poster. Grew up in Toronto as a Jays fan but idolized Barry Bonds as a kid so I rep SF for my NL team.
Getout..gif

J/k welcome to MLB-gaf :)

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I dont see how its possible to be a Marlins fan.

ENhfUne.png

It looks like Rasmus is everyone's D plan.

If anyone can get his head on straight and cut him off from his dad, he could be really good. If he'd been able to replicate his 2013, he'd be in line for a massive contract now, so there's a chance someone could get him on the cheap and get great production out of him.

Or, of course, he could go into a season-long funk and never do anything other than hit a few homers.

Braves have non-tendered Kris Medlen and Brandon Beachy, making both of them free agents. The rumor is they are currently still talking to Medlen about a two-year deal, but will likely let Beachy go.

Top Bottom