• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014-2015 Offseason |OT| Playoff Dreaming

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Xia you filthy animal with that gif.

:p

My mistake, I should have used something more recent!

Here you go.

zKvYlRK.gif

Non-Tenders

Gordon Beckham (Angels)
Yoslan Herrera (Angels)
Wade LeBlanc (Angels)
Kyle Blanks (Athletics)
Andrew Brown (Athletics)
Andy Dirks (Blue Jays)
John Mayberry Jr. (Blue Jays)
Justin Smoak (Blue Jays)
Brandon Beachy (Braves)
Kris Medlen (Braves)
Gus Schlosser (Braves)
Daniel Descalso (Cardinals)
John Baker (Cubs)
Wesley Wright (Cubs)
Carlos Rivero (Mariners)
Eric Young Jr. (Mets)
Everth Cabrera (Padres)
Chaz Roe (Pirates)
Gaby Sanchez (Pirates)
Michael Kirkman (Rangers)
Alexi Ogando (Rangers)
Adam Rosales (Rangers)
Juan Francisco (Red Sox)
Logan Ondrusek (Reds)
Curtis Partch (Reds)
Kraig Sitton (Rockies)
Francisely Bueno (Royals)
Scott Carroll (White Sox)
Scott Snodgress (White Sox)
Jose Campos (Yankees)
Slade Heathcott (Yankees)
David Huff (Yankees)
Yankees should scoop up Evereth.

Malo

Banned
That's really aiming low. Where's my crazy Yankee trade or free agent spending spree that makes everyone lose their minds?
They just had one last offseason. You're going to have to wait a couple of years when CC, Arod, Teix, and Beltran comes off the books. They'll add new albatross contracts then.

Jays non-tendered Smoak, Mayberry and Dirks

*scratches head*

What is AA up to now?

AA's roster construction baffles me. It's not like Smoak was going to be good, but who plays first now? And why pick up him and Dirks for the $150k after the season ends, only to not keep them. I love AA's trades, but it's like he has no idea what to do with players after he gets them.

Also, he's totally going to sign Gordon Beckham, isn't he?

jbug617

Banned
Lester likely to make his decision at the end of the week
http://www.csnne.com/blog/red-sox-talk/source-likely-lester-makes-decision-weeks-end
One baseball executive said it's "likely'' that the free agent pitcher will make his choice before the end of the week. Earlier reports had Lester wanting to finalize his deal before the winter meeting officially kick off next week in San Diego.

Barring a late entry into the field, Lester is trying to choose between the San Francisco Giants, Chicago Cubs and a return to the Red Sox. Lester has met with representatives of all three teams in recent weeks.

As the bidding currently stands, the Chicago Cubs are said to have the biggest offer on the table ($138 million over six years), just ahead of the Red Sox proposal of six years and $130 million.

The nature of the Giants' offer for Lester is unknown

Where the Yanks stand is the unknown they can come in at the last minute.

edit: 14yr old says Lester to Cubs and the baseball writers are already saying that ain't true.

AA's roster construction baffles me. It's not like Smoak was going to be good, but who plays first now? And why pick up him and Dirks for the $150k after the season ends, only to not keep them. I love AA's trades, but it's like he has no idea what to do with players after he gets them.

Also, he's totally going to sign Gordon Beckham, isn't he?

Edwin was always going to play first :p

Parch

Edwin was always going to play first
Smoak name got thrown around as depth, maybe DH. Basically nothing gained so nothing lost now. So now it's Carrera that is the depth?
These cuts were supposed to free up some money, but it still sounds like there isn't enough budget to resign Melky.

The OKC Redhawks have rebranded themselves since they're now owned by the Dodgers:

http://newsok.com/oklahoma-city-officially-becomes-the-dodgers/article/5372482

Uni designs are at the link. Great stuff IMO.
Wow. Love the design for the team.
Bidding war between the Dodgers and Yankees? We're about to show Magic how it's done.
You already lost!

Things get worse for the Rays. Indentured servants worked their concessions!
http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2...-servants-working-their-concessions/#comments

aFIGurANT

Sounds like Harold Reynolds.

You know HR is dry-jerking it in the Hot Stove green room before he goes on to defend his boy, too.

Also I mean that's kind of how we do defensive metrics, anyway, isn't it - by eye? Unless statcast is actually how UZR and DRS are calculated but I didn't think that was how it was being done since that tech is still being developed.

Well if they are going to give him like 30 AAV over 7 years then yeah they can have him lol.

Also Smoak was scheduled to make like $3 million in arb so the Jays saved money by cutting and then signing him.

Parch

Also Smoak was scheduled to make like $3 million in arb so the Jays saved money by cutting and then signing him.
By baseball standards, $1M is like shopping at the dollar store so it's fairly low risk for those clinging onto the Smoak potential. He'll have to earn his AB's.

Top Bottom