• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014-2015 Offseason |OT| Playoff Dreaming

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Why do you hate him so much? lol
The tour of the American League in his last season as a Twin where he talked about how great it would be to play in every city started it. But he's openly stated he doesn't want gay people in the same locker room as him and that he doesn't consider black Dominican guys "blacks." And he's been involved in numerous club house dust ups, but everyone acts like he's this great guy. He's teflon. I just can't stand him as a person.

As a baseball signing, it's bad enough they should fire the entire front office. He has like nothing left in the tank. He's a brutal corner defender at this point. They're going to pay him ten and a half million dollars. They have a bunch of prospects that can play poorly this year for a lot less money.

Like they always say on the Twins blog I frequent: There's no i in team, but there are two is in Torii.

Lambtron[B said:
;141323575]E40 is the best.

I'm so happy that the Rangers are pushing hard for Torii. [/B]I'd probably stop watching the Twins for a couple years if he was a part of the team again. I fucking hate that guy.

so.... AL or NL? despite what you may have heard, it's really easy to root for the Yankees.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I'm leaning NL, and I'm leaning Dodgers. They're basically Yankees west but I love LA, Kershaw, Greinke, Puig, Vin Scully, and those unis.

q27oVNG.gif

Late, but whatever.

Pleased to see an elite player take over from a promising project, but still:

- No LF or CF
- No CB
- Rotation is weak
- Bullpen is ???

Have the Jays signed a closer yet?

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I could maybe, maybe, maybe make it work in the right situation in SoCal, but have zero chance at all in the Bay. It makes me sad, because I love it there, too. :(

I managed at just over minimum wage for a little while when I started working. Sure, you need roommates and it may not be the best areas, but it was still pretty safe and perfectly manageable.

Jays non-tendered Smoak, Mayberry and Dirks

*scratches head*

What is AA up to now?

Oh and

Jake Wesley MLB ‏@mlb_nl_al 2m2 minutes ago

BREAKING: dodgers close to acquiring Cole Hamels and Antonio Bastardo from the Phillies for Joc Peterson and others. Per @MibeltRodriguez

*scratches head*

What is AA up to now?

Oh and

BREAKING: dodgers close to acquiring Cole Hamels and Antonio Bastardo from the Phillies for Joc Peterson and others. Per @MibeltRodriguez

Crazy if true. Gotta think that includes either Seager or Urias, but if not Friedman gets a steal. Wonder if they would then resign Greinke when he opts out next year.

Syrinx

*scratches head*

What is AA up to now?

Oh and

Don't do it Dodgers.

Please Friedman no. Not Young Joc!

You get what? Like 4 years of team control still for Hamels at provably below market value? If Pederson is the centerpiece of that deal and they don't have to empty the farm it's great for LAwhen you consider what the A's gave up for Shark. Only downside is that you probably go into next season with Andre Ethier's corpse as a starting OF'er but that starting staff is insane.

You get what? Like 4 years of team control still for Hamels at provably below market value? If Pederson is the centerpiece of that deal and they don't have to empty the farm it's great for LAwhen you consider what the A's gave up for Shark. Only downside is that you probably go into next season with Andre Ethier's corpse as a starting OF'er but that starting staff is insane.
I'm all for having Cole Hamels in the rotation, but Andre Ethier's corpse is what I'm most afraid of with Joc being sent out.

zulux21

*scratches head*

What is AA up to now?

I can get non tendering smoak and mayberry, but why in the world would you non tender dirks o_O

youngish, slightly above average cheap player.... at they very least you should have been able to tender him and then trade him o_O

I wonder if they don't think he can come back from his injury or something.

Pryce

Ethier won't be starting.

Puig
Kemp
Crawford/Van Slyke
Ethier keeping bench warm and sweeping duties.

Ethier won't be starting.

Puig
Kemp
Crawford/Van Slyke
Ethier keeping bench warm and sweeping duties.

If this deal isn't BS I could see them still trying to move Kemp to free up some of the salary they are taking on with Hamels. HE's the only tradeable guy in the OF and even then they'd have to chip in money.

Non-Tenders

Gordon Beckham (Angels)
Yoslan Herrera (Angels)
Wade LeBlanc (Angels)
Kyle Blanks (Athletics)
Andrew Brown (Athletics)
Andy Dirks (Blue Jays)
John Mayberry Jr. (Blue Jays)
Justin Smoak (Blue Jays)
Brandon Beachy (Braves)
Kris Medlen (Braves)
Gus Schlosser (Braves)