• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014-2015 Offseason |OT| Playoff Dreaming

rekameohs

Banned
And now Stewart gets rid of that crappy Montero contract. Good man.

And I hope Montero does well. I like the guy. But he did have to go.

zychi

Banned
So Scherzer, Shields or possibly Price to Red Sox now.

Whoever Boston grabs, Cubs will likely throw money at the other two

Now that Jon Lester is not going to the Giants, it's believed the Giants will now shift their attention to acquiring Justin Upton and Chris Johnson from the Braves.

Jas

So Scherzer, Shields or possibly Price to Red Sox now.

Whoever Boston grabs, Cubs will likely throw money at the other two

Red Sox won't go after Scherzer.

They might go after Shields but man he doesn't come off as someone that would like pitching in Boston. He's also probably going to get 5/100-110 at age 34 in this market.

Detroit won't move Price if they can't resign Scherzer.

Red Sox will probably go the trade route for 1 pitcher and then sign a lower tier pitcher.

I really hope I'm wrong, haha.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Now that Jon Lester is not going to the Giants, it's believed the Giants will now shift their attention to acquiring Justin Upton and Chris Johnson from the Braves.

I'm torn about this. Yes, I'd like to dump CJ. I'd also like to get the best prospect return possible though.

Mariners reportedly interested in Dayan Viciedo.
I think it would be a good move for them and he is worth a top 5 prospect. Plus defender, great plate discipline and works hard to stay in shape. Perfect fit.

If Hahn suckers them to give up even a can of dip he is the best GM in baseball

edit: Sox talking to Tampa Bay about Longoria and Wil Myers. Unless Hawk Harrelson became their GM, I don't think a trade is feasible.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Welp. This is a good offseason so far.

UcuOGcAl.jpg

Rosenthal says that Lester was probably the best pitcher to give a 6 year deal to because of his delivery and conditioning.

Eh, people said this about Prior as well. The thing with deliveries and the infamous inverted-W stuff is: Nobody knows anything and throws shit against the wall.
Giving long term deals to pitchers is always risky.

Top Bottom