• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014-2015 Offseason |OT| Playoff Dreaming

Blearth

Banned
2/12.5 for Neshek. Wow.
03723e1985c3670bebbe2f84cdcdf166.500x280x164.gif

Jon

Lots of conflicting reports on if the Sox are in or not on Miley.

Looks like the deal to the Red Sox is just about done, according to Morosi.

I was prepared for the Phillies to trade Hamels this off-season, as disappointing as that would be, but to trade Rollins too...that is just a sad day for all Phillies fans. Top five greatest players in the franchise, I hope he makes the HOF one day.

Looks like the deal to the Red Sox is just about done, according to Morosi.

I was prepared for the Phillies to trade Hamels this off-season, as disappointing as that would be, but to trade Rollins too...that is just a sad day for all Phillies fans. Top five greatest players in the franchise, I hope he makes the HOF one day.

Bob Nightengale says the Sox are not involved at all.

3N16MA

Banned
Reliever*, not closer. I think the pressure of replacing Rivera was too much.

D-Rob was fine as the closer last season. One game completely blew his numbers out of wack and he managed to still end the season with a good resume.

Mo blew a handful of saves when he took over the role.

D-Rob
Betances
Miller
Warren
Kelley
Lindgren
Another arm

That would have been the best pen in baseball.

RBH

10624818_825182557541222_5032568119173977480_n.jpg

Entering the development from Cobb Parkway, visitors will be greeted by a view straight down the main thoroughfare into SunTrust Park. The development will integrate with the surrounding commercial uses while carefully blending a variety of architectural styles with green space and several common areas. Parking will be located throughout the development in various areas and easily accessible for residents, shoppers, tenants and event visitors.

10436309_825182524207892_5128995340181918627_n.jpg

The plaza will be a central gathering space for fans, families, residents and visitors. It will serve as a hub of activity, with unique events year round. Bookending the plaza will be an indoor entertainment venue and an outdoor amphitheater. The plaza-facing facade of SunTrust Park will have a 365-day operational brewpub, bars and a large Braves merchandise store.

10419429_825182530874558_803575184720301194_n.jpg

Looking out from SunTrust Park, fans will have views onto the plaza and down the main thoroughfare through the development leading back to Cobb Parkway. Just outside the gates of the park will be a hotel (far left) and an office building featuring unrivaled views into the ballpark. A familiar place for fans on game days will be the Chop House, which will be expanded and re-imagined into a three-tiered eatery including two party decks and a new field level, which can be turned into a large group area directly behind right field.

10848018_825182520874559_3934792011618144129_n.jpg

Roads inside the community will be open, but on event days streets will be partially closed to provide a more walkable environment for fans heading to the ballpark or special event. The development crossroads -- located at the mid-point axis of the mixed-use development -- will be at the heart of the development and a hub of activity. Surrounded by residences, retail shops and restaurants, this central plaza will be buzzing year-round.

10386824_825206504205494_2517154729293540695_n.jpg

3N16MA

Banned
trade who?

im ok with this so far

Is he still a good fielder?

I hope Mattingly is smart enough to not bat him anywhere close the top of the order, but he is a nice stop gap until Seager is ready(and can play SS)

The Dodgers have acquired shortstop Jimmy Rollins from the Phillies, CSN Philly’s Jim Salisbury reports, hearing from an industry source that the transaction is a “done deal.”

After losing Hanley Ramirez to the Red Sox in free agency, Los Angeles filled its vacancy at shortstop with another high-profile veteran. As reported earlier today, Rollins was willing to waive his 10-and-5 rights to accept a trade to the Dodgers.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/12/dodgers-acquire-jimmy-rollins.html

That is all for now.

Meier

I've never actually heard of Ryan Lavarnaway so hopefully we never have to play him but okay.

Jimmy Rollins will be interesting. He's a massive step backwards from Hanley but at least he isn't a huge defensive liability.

3N16MA

Banned
I wouldn't mind if he Yanks grabbed Masterson on a 1 year deal with a team option and buyout.

Potential to turn it around next season.

3N16MA

Banned
Update on Rollins:

The trade is “close” but isn’t yet completely finalized, FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal tweets. The teams haven’t worked out which players will be in the deal and a third team could possibly be involved.

Rollins is old but still seems like a productive player. His offense slipped but he was still a 3 WAR player last year. Unless he completely falls off a cliff or breaks in half like Steve Nash when he went to LA it will probably be a really solid pick up for them.

JABEE

Rollins is old but still seems like a productive player. His offense slipped but he was still a 3 WAR player last year. Unless he completely falls off a cliff or breaks in half like Steve Nash when he went to LA it will probably be a really solid pick up for them.
There might be a third team. He's still a good base runner and fielder. He also won't need to be a lead off hitter. The Dodgers also have a superior lineup.

yeah i can't imagine they would kick dee gordon out of leadoff for rollins unless dee really struggles

I'm hearing the dodgers gave up zach lee and chris reed.. both prospects who appeared to have regressed last year

edit: nm thats just speculation

BFIB

Rollins is a good pickup. Not what he once was, but he'll be a good fit to bridge the gap to Seager.

I think I'm more shocked that Amaro actually did something. Its a new day Philly fans!

well theyre supposedly trading dee.

zaidi denied that

Dodgers GM Farhan Zaidi denies that the team is interested in trading Gordon, MLB.com’s Ken Gurnick writes. “He’s a cost-controlled, All-Star second baseman that teams would have four more years of control, a tremendous player, and anybody like that, teams ask for,” says Zaidi. “We’re not dangling him. Like I said, he is our second baseman.”

JABEE

Rollins is a good pickup. Not what he once was, but he'll be a good fit to bridge the gap to Seager.

I think I'm more shocked that Amaro actually did something. Its a new day Philly fans!
Gillick is the boss now. He's the President. He took over David Montgomery's job. Amaro has to get approval on all deals. Amaro is just a runner now.

jbug617

Banned
Dee Gordon about to be traded

@Buster_ESPN: The Marlins and the Dodgers are in serious talks about a deal that would involve Dee Gordon going to MIA, Andrew Heaney to LAD

@Buster_ESPN: Others could be involved in Gordon-Heaney trade; Dan Haren's name has come up in the conversation.

andthebeatgoeson

Sad to see J Roll leave. Let me have a moment. Do we still have Matt Stairs? Let's see if we can trade him to the Dodgers. Bout time they blow this carcass up.

Didn't Haren say he would retire if he was traded? I think his family is already settled in Southern California.

Ken Rosenthal @Ken_Rosenthal · 2m 2 minutes ago
Haren has said he would retire if traded to any team other than Angels. His stance has not changed, according to a source.

that would be too good

gonna miss dee :(

zychi

Banned
We really need to take what GMs say in the media about possible moves (or non moves) with a grain of salt during the offseason.

Yep, like the Cubs being contenders with essentially the exact same roster, but a $155m pitcher who performed worse overall than Smardj, who they wouldn't pay. But now they're going to the World Series!

It's a process, Cubs won't be a contender for at least another season. If they get a Wild Card spot, I'd be very surprised.

Overlee

Dee officially headed to Miami for Heaney. Probably some prospects thrown in too.

He's currently speaking to a bunch of elementary school kids at the moment too :(
j18ZAIP.png

Doyers new brain trust is heartless.

Yep, like the Cubs being contenders with essentially the exact same roster, but a $155m pitcher who performed worse overall than Smardj, who they wouldn't pay. But now they're going to the World Series!

It's a process, Cubs won't be a contender for at least another season. If they get a Wild Card spot, I'd be very surprised.
Wut? Lester has always been better than Shark.

Top Bottom