• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014-2015 Offseason |OT| Playoff Dreaming

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
YOU CAN'T BREAK MY SPIRIT! I AM RIDING HIGH ON PLAYOFF FEVER!

When we resign this sexy man your playoff dreams will be dead!

yKo6N9Z.png

in 2016

Interesting thought:

Corey Seager is ostensibly the Dodgers' shortstop of the future.

However:

Uribe
Rollins
Kendrick

All on one year contracts. Dodgers will still have more roster work to do post 2015 to shore up the infield.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Interesting thought:

However:

Uribe
Rollins
Kendrick

All on one year contracts. Dodgers will still have more roster work to do post 2015 to shore up the infield.
Trade for Trevor Plouffe after Sano comes up to take over for Uribear.

This is an exciting series of moves, fellow Dodgers fans!

lol

was just listening to dodger talk kevin kennedy didn't sound too impressed with heaney and what he's heard about him but that maybe cuz he liked dee gordon a lot

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Interesting thought:

However:

Uribe
Rollins
Kendrick

Not like they'll be playing for anything in 2016. They'll have to reload for 2017, like everyone else outside of SF.

kcxiv

Interesting thought:

However:

Uribe
Rollins
Kendrick

I wonder if they move him to 3rd. Isnt he something like 6'3 or 6'4 i heard some folks saying he might be to big to play Short in the Majors. Tall SS certainly arent the norm.

Matt Kemp to the Padres incoming.

It's believed that the Dodgers will then spin whoever they get from the Padres to the Phillies for Cole Hamels.

Edit: May now be a three-team trade with Kemp going to the Padres and Hamels going to Dodgers.

Oh fuck me!

Congrats on 2015, Dodgers. Go fuck yourselves.

So, for argument's sake let's say the Dodgers give up Kemp and come back with Hamels.

The rotation looks dynamite, to be sure: Kershaw, Greinke, Hamels, Ryu, McCarthy

But I am the only one worried about the team's ability to consistently score runs? Rollins is a marked offensive downgrade from Hanley. I don't see us replacing Kemp's production easily either. Does Joc Pederson get handed the starting center field job? Is he ready for that?

Blearth

Banned
So, for argument's sake let's say the Dodgers give up Kemp and come back with Hamels.

The rotation looks dynamite, to be sure: Kershaw, Greinke, Hamels, Ryu, McCarthy

But I am the only one worried about the team's ability to consistently score runs? Rollins is a marked offensive downgrade from Hanley. I don't see us replacing Kemp's production easily either. Does Joc Pederson get handed the starting center field job? Is he ready for that?
The Dodgers don't have to worry about shit except for winning playoff games. No way they don't finish with a 10+ game lead in the division.

yeah the starting lineup looks shit tbh

and we saw last year that the best rotations don't guarantee world series

The Braves MLB.Com beat reporter looks like he's on the verge of a massive heartattack.

qbQH2n7.png

yeah the starting lineup looks shit tbh

and we saw last year that the best rotations don't guarantee world series

The 2011 Phillies not even making it past the Division Series but the 2008 Phillies with Cole Hamels and a bunch of scrubs (Joe Blanton and ADAM EATON) winning the World Series should have proved this.

Matt Kemp is now officially a member of the San Diego Padres.

Kemp and Tim Federowicz are heading to the Padres. Yasmani Grandal, Joe Weiland, and Zach Elfin are going to the Dodgers. The Dodgers are also sending $30 million to the Padres in the deal to help cover the remaining $107 million Kemp is owed through the next five seasons.

Sanjuro

Matt Kemp is now officially a member of the San Diego Padres.

Kemp and Tim Federowicz are heading to the Padres. Yasmani Grandal, Joe Weiland, and Zach Elfin are going to the Dodgers. The Dodgers are also sending $30 million to the Padres in the deal to help cover the remaining $107 million Kemp is owed through the next five seasons.

Why?

tekumseh

a mass of phermones, hormones and adrenaline just waiting to explode
So, the Dodgers essentially parlayed half a good season from Dee Gordon into Howie Kendrick and, likely, the foundation for a package that gets them Cole Hamels? That's astonishing.

To be clear, I hate the Kemp to San Diego situation; I don't think you should EVER trade a guy to a team you're going to see 18-19 times a year. As for the rest of the deals, it clearly makes them better defensively up the middle, and changes the team once again without giving up any of the core minor leaguers. When does spring training start???

BFIB

So the Dodgers are paying for Dee Gordon's salary, Haren's salary, $30 mil going for Matt Kemp.

So they are spending around $43 mil for players on other teams rosters.

I'm not really sure the Dodgers got a whole lot better with all of those moves. A 4 year deal for McCarthy seems pretty steep.
Now with this Kemp trade we gonna be hurting for runs ala power wise. So where's are home run power gonna come from?

Kersh and Greinke may only lose 5 games combine to have a chance.

SMH!!

turnbuckle

I find myself hitting F5 on a Tigers forum every half hour or so hoping to see a thread about some big news. Nothing yet. Now that the wheels are starting to fall of the Tigers I'm gonna need a bandwagon to hop onto. I'm thinking Mets or Marlins or Cubs.

In related news (not sure if posted) - Miguel Cabrera had surgery on his ankle. Doctors removed 8 bone chips. That sounded like a lot, and I guess that is a lot.

With Sanchez a free agent in a couple years, Max a free agent now, and Price+Porcello only having a year left and our team not having a lot of young talent on the roster or up and coming...I'm torn between hoping Bernie Illitch just gets Dodgers crazy with the spending and with doing a Marlins-esque fire sale and regrouping in a few years.

For the first time in awhile the AL Central isn't a joke and the worst team in the division (Twins) has the best up-and-coming talent and not quite the same budget shackles as the Royals.

Ahh fuck it, I ain't getting any younger. Neither is Bernie. Hoping one of these times I press F5 and discover the Tigers re-signed Max, extended Price and Porcello, and tricked somebody into taking Joke Nathan and Nick Castellanos.

Wish it were spring training already...

Considering what RH power is going for these days, Matt Kemp for basically 5 years/$70 million is a steal. Not sure what he will do for the Pads though.

Top Bottom