• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014-2015 Offseason |OT| Playoff Dreaming

Sanjuro

Well yeah but he's 35 and his contract is killing the team. I love the guy, but not the time to buy a jersey haha.

Why not? I mean, if you're looking for me to point towards other less relevant players who will probably be D-Batteried out of town, then I can certainly help you!

2bDAYJd.jpg

Hamels ain't leaving any time soon, might as well go with him. Feel like that guy's been used as trade bait from the second Amaro extended him.

I was thinking about getting a Lucroy jersey. I feel like the organization has invested enough time and money in him that he won't go anywhere for a while. I only ever buy player-specific apparel when they're sure things. I love Jordy Nelson but I didn't get his jersey until after GB extended him.

Sanjuro

I don't really buy many jerseys anymore. If the price and quality is right, sure.

Being a BoSox fan is nice, as the home jerseys don't have the name on the back. Also, looks really silly when people buy them with the name.

Invest in a good cap I say!

Mdot

The only authentic I have besides that M&N Mattingly is a Rivera grey away jersey from the last year of the Stadium, with the patches for the ASG and the Stadium on each sleeve. So nice. I don't wear it though. I'm hoping for one day to get it signed and then I'd frame it.

theapg

I don't really buy many jerseys anymore. If the price and quality is right, sure.

Being a BoSox fan is nice, as the home jerseys don't have the name on the back. Also, looks really silly when people buy them with the name.

Invest in a good cap I say!

I was at the Beckett no hitter this year and bought a cap, and then got home and realized that "low crown" hats exist, and how dumb the normal hats look. I haven't worn it since.

Mdot

I was at the Beckett no hitter this year and bought a cap, and then got home and realized that "low crown" hats exist, and how dumb the normal hats look. I haven't worn it since.

It's nigh impossible to find a low crown Yankee around here. Even tough online. I want one so bad.

jyoung188

Mustard and sauerkraut. Ketchup has no place on a hotdog. Relish is fine as long as it isn't the super sweet shit.

Just thought I'd put that out there.

BFIB

Mustard and sauerkraut. Ketchup has no place on a hotdog. Relish is fine as long as it isn't the super sweet shit.

You and your avatar are more than welcome to stay.

I'm thinking Howard ends up in the AL to DH.

RBH

10647009_826375094088635_6578519835154022338_n.jpg

The plaza will take advantage of the elevation changes and traverse down three levels culminating with the outdoor amphitheater near the office and hotel. The natural grass amphitheater sits in front of permanent stage and will be a gathering place for fans before the first pitch and will play host to special events on non-game days.

10676219_826375167421961_2018467072824245109_n.jpg

Immediately outside the gates of SunTrust Park will be a hotel and premier office space. Perched above the amphitheater and plaza, both will feature unrivaled views into SunTrust Park and extraordinary dining and entertainment options just steps away.

10540964_826375170755294_4067476911607523079_n.jpg

Guests entering the site from Cobb Parkway will be greeted by a spectacular view into the development through to SunTrust Park. Restaurants and shops along a spacious main street will allow visitors and residents to satisfy a variety of dining desires, shop for the latest fashions, and take advantage of unique retail offerings all year long.

9481_826375090755302_8550850433184333606_n.jpg

A key aspect of the design of the overall site is the integration of the development into the ballpark. The plaza outside the gates of SunTrust Park will help visitors transition from the external development into the friendly confines of the park. At the north end of the plaza will be a full-service, indoor entertainment venue that will play host to a variety of concerts and special events.

Surrounding the plaza will be numerous dining options suitable for a quick pregame snack or a nice evening out with friends.

zychi

Banned
Wow, I just kept looking on New Era and they never had the right one. Thanks.

Now, to find somebody to buy me this for Christmas.

Whatts the benefit of a low crown? They look like the old authentic hats, which I loved. I hate the new ones. They feel so cheap

JDeluis

The Phillies are depressing. I wanted a jersey for Christmas but there are no players I feel will be on the team in 3 years that are good enough to warrant a jersey. Maybe Nola when he gets called up? But I'm not trying to buy a jersey that will only be relevant for two years, so I think I'm gonna hold off.

Why not just buy a jersey with no player name on it?
http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?productId=41668516&cp=52088226.52089216
http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?productId=41668506&cp=52088226.52089216

or you can ask Santa for an authentic jersey.
http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3462702&cp=1452849.707601
http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3462701&cp=1452849.707601

The new 2015 replica jersey have better material. Almost matches the authentic jersey material compared to the previous years.

Also. I'm on the club that enjoys hot dogs with ketchup, mustard and relish. So boring just to add one condiment.

BFIB

Pirates resign Liriano. They were runners up in the Brandon McCarthy sweepstakes as well. Good to see the Bucs owners doing whats necessary. Still think they needed Martin back though.

jakncoke

Banned
There a Alvarez to Marlins rumor swirling? As much as im done with him and his .220 average and 25 homers that still something. I cant even think who we'd get to actually play 1B if that trade went down.

Mdot

Whatts the benefit of a low crown? They look like the old authentic hats, which I loved. I hate the new ones. They feel so cheap

Just sits lower on the head. The regular 59fifty has that high, ventilating crown which always felt weird to me, like you're swimming in it. Basically, if you look at how Ichiro wears his hat, that's a low crown. I just like the smaller one; I have a smaller head lol

jakncoke

Banned
Pirates resign Liriano. They were runners up in the Brandon McCarthy sweepstakes as well. Good to see the Bucs owners doing whats necessary. Still think they needed Martin back though.

A lot of money for someone that might leave behind the mound.

turnbuckle

Why would anyone ruin a good little bit of char on a hot dog with ketchup?

Though....

While I love dill pickles, I greatly prefer my relish to be sweet. Sweet relish + mustard on a nice charred hot dog is perfect. If I could only pick one it'd be the mustard...but honestly, a charred dog from a charcoal grill is perfect with nothing on it at all.

see5harp

Mustard and sauerkraut is basically all I do. If I have onions or relish i will put that on too.

EDIT: if I don't have sauerkraut, I will use Kim Chee. If I do it that way I substitute mustard for siracha mayonnaise and sprinkle furikake on it.

Lol the hot dog topic strikes again!!

We already missing baseball fellas?

I am :(.

Football team sucks
Basketball team already done before it started

aFIGurANT

Lol the hot dog topic strikes again!!

We already missing baseball fellas?

I am :(.

Football team sucks
Basketball team already done before it started

Wishing it was a WBC year. Or that I could see a game outside some shady Dominican VPN ala the winter leagues. This coming year is going to be crazy.

I was told this is where the cool kids hang out.

To contribute something substantial for my first MLB-Gaf post, I'd like to declare myself as a spoiled but reasonable Yankee fan (I'm 32) who is realistic with expectations and would prefer a shift to development rather than investing in bloated contracts.

That said, these last two seasons of playoff-free ball have sucked. I like the moves to the bullpen and not reaching on Robertson's huge contract. Hoping a starter can be picked up but Sherzer for $200+ million and 5 or 6 years at 30 yo already would be falling into that same rut.

I'm jealous of the Porcello move by the Sox, which boils my blood beyond explanation.

welcome to the Council! glad to see more members that enjoy the finer things in life join the best sports thread. and I assume since you like the finer things like ket--

Thanks guys.

Mustard on the dogs

True. I'm cautiously optimistic about Tanaka and Pineda holding up. Nova, who knows. CC is the biggest question mark, imo. Those 4 on paper, healthy, is a great rotation alone. Adding another top tier guy would be excellent, but I can see this season degrading quickly if any of them get hurt again (or when Nova actually comes back).

Our biggest issue last year was obviously hitting; timely hitting more specifically. I can't see our lineup being as bad as last season, but we'll have to wait and see.

I-- I have made a grave mistake in judgement. I must ask you to leave. right now. this very moment.

ketchup's only place is at the top. shame on you.

3994.jpg

*salutes*

I always knew you were a quality human being.

I wish there was a Shake Shack in SoCal. We haven't been blessed yet.

five guys is better.

Top Bottom