• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014-2015 Offseason |OT| Playoff Dreaming

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Baseball time!

Lou Seal's gonna need a third ring now:

0eBtsBW.gif

zychi

Banned
Caribbean World Series starts tomorrow for anyone itching to watch some baseball. should be a fun one since Cuba is bringing in top talent after last years embarrassment. last year they didnt allow their winning club to choose players from the teas that lost to reinforce the team.

any where to watch this in the US?

JDeluis

I still can't even watch Dodger games on cable!

Go us!

Unfortunately I'll be joining the club starting March when I move into an area that doesn't offer TWC. Hopefully not for long. Damn financial problems.

Is there no way for us to watch the games by spoofing our location or using info from the movie Hackers?

Zack Greinke had a great time at FanFest.

I've read upon on him and doesn't surprise me. He seems really shy. I was at Dodgerfest and reporters swarmed him more than any other player.

dfaa2eab-42a0-45f7-adf1-b5083f5172ca_zps8qzkddga.jpg

eznark

Banned
What?

Everyone remembers Zimmer being taken down by Pedro. Or Ryan bitchslapping Ventura.

And for every one of those there are ten bench clearing "brawls" where the teams stand there and watch two guys yell at each other pretending to be held back by a coach.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
And for every one of those there are ten bench clearing "brawls" where the teams stand there and watch two guys yell at each other pretending to be held back by a coach.

Modern day brawls aren't as memorable as they used to be.

screw-you-ozzie-2.gif

aFIGurANT

The aesthetics of the baseball brawl are way better than what we saw last night imo.

There's something to watching players who pretty much never come into physical contact make that first shove or juke, and then break into unprotected boxing or brawling. With the NFL it's like watching a couple of armadillos rolling around on top of each other; no one is going to get knocked out or probably even seriously bruised. Hockey players get this so they take off their helmets and gloves, ready to take more punishment in order to be able to hurt the other guy that much more as well. Plus there's the 'this pretty much looks like the pussified version of the same sport anyway" factor with football.

I'm all about that gentleman's sport turning ugly on a dime and at some small slight.

Unfortunately I'll be joining the club starting March when I move into an area that doesn't offer TWC. Hopefully not for long. Damn financial problems.

Is there no way for us to watch the games by spoofing our location or using info from the movie Hackers?
Nope. We're doomed until people start getting off their ass and make moves to bring it to the entire LA population.

Guess I'll be getting MLB.tv this year and using some location spoofer. Or watch the opposing team feed which I don't want to do. I want the sultry sweet sounds of Vin, Charlie, and Orel.

Parch

YAHOO FANTASY BASEBALL IS BACK

Time for the 4th annual NEOGAF Baseball League. Managers from last year need to check their email for the Yahoo invite.

Right now there is one opening in the league, so the first person who PM's me their email can join this league. You'll need a Yahoo account to join the league. There may be more openings depending on how many managers accept their invite back so stay tuned to this MLB thread if you miss out right now.

It's a 14 team, head to head league with a live draft on Thursday April 2nd 8PM ET

YAHOO FANTASY BASEBALL IS BACK

Time for the 4th annual NEOGAF Baseball League. Managers from last year need to check their email for the Yahoo invite.

Right now there is one opening in the league, so the first person who PM's me their email can join this league. You'll need a Yahoo account to join the league. There may be more openings depending on how many managers accept their invite back so stay tuned to this MLB thread if you miss out right now.

It's a 14 team, head to head league with a live draft on Thursday April 2nd 8PM ET

Hey man I am going to have to drop out this year. Life is kicking my ass and I am not up to anything really. Thanks for the invite though.

Parch

Hey man I am going to have to drop out this year. Life is kicking my ass and I am not up to anything really. Thanks for the invite though.
No problem. Take care.

With that there is now another opening in the league for anybody interested. PM me your email.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
So ready for Baseball and Formula 1. It's been so long!

Yeah!

Were the fans late to arrive to this thing too?

:jnc

I've read upon on him and doesn't surprise me. He seems really shy. I was at Dodgerfest and reporters swarmed him more than any other player.

dfaa2eab-42a0-45f7-adf1-b5083f5172ca_zps8qzkddga.jpg

He has social anxiety disorder. Dude nearly quit a few years back.

http://socialanxietydisorder.about.com/od/celebritieswithsad/p/zackgreinke.htm

I uh.. know about this all too well...

Enron

Banned
Enron's league: MLB Gaf Rejects, rotisserie format. Enron went MIA on us but I'm sure he'll get on it in time.

Speaking of fantasy. Enron, are you running a fantasy league again this season?

Yep im here. renewing now.

Edit: Ok Fantasy Rejects, league is renewed. THIS TIME WE WILL BE USING OPS INSTEAD OF BATTING AVERAGE.

I meant to change this last year but i forgot and it was too late.

Sanjuro this is your league. You are probably still drunk from last night

Everyone, we cannot let Dominican win this year or Sanjuro. Sox or Yankees fans winning is unacceptable.

I was gunning for two GAF league back-to-back championships last year and Dominican ruined it

Edit: Ok Fantasy Rejects, league is renewed. THIS TIME WE WILL BE USING OPS INSTEAD OF BATTING AVERAGE.

Everyone, we cannot let Dominican win this year or Sanjuro. Sox or Yankees fans winning is unacceptable.

I was gunning for two GAF league back-to-back championships last year and Dominican ruined it

I will forever be a thorn by your side.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

Is there any room?

Malo

Banned

It's my time to shine!

Enron

Banned
For those asking "Is there room?" Send me a PM so I have a record of your interest and as time draws near, if we have any confirmed non-returners or non-responders I can free up those spots for you. No guarantees, though.

And Fantasy Rejects is not a keeper league, so you won't have to worry about being a new team and not having a stud

eznark

Banned
FanDuel > fantasy baseball

I made so much money in the first half last year with the Brewers and Rockies. They were always so cheap!

Top Bottom