• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014-2015 Offseason |OT| Playoff Dreaming

zulux21

Could be worse.

You could be stuck being a mets fan.

Heh, awww. I made myself sad.

at least you might be acknowledged in this thread as a fan of your team.

I've been posting in here randomly for like 3 years now and we somehow still don't have any white sox fans here :( (it's related to some like 4 year old joke that I never got but w/e at least the white sox should be in the running this year)

on a random other thought, how did the load times for mlb the show compare on the ps4 compared to the ps3? I am thinking about preordering the LE of the new game (well keeping my preorder) to maybe play some games with you guys this year (maybe even join the season games as dun dun dun... the white sox and then doing horribly because I only bat on easy with my player normally :p) but I am hoping that the load times are at least better than the ps3 or vita versions as 60 second loads for 5 minutes of gameplay are poopy.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT

I've been posting in here randomly for like 3 years now and we somehow still don't have any white sox fans here :(

ntvztar.png

The Braves finally gave up on Edward Salcedo. They just traded him to the Pirates for Bryton Trepagnier.

Salcedo got a $1.6 million signing bonus in 2009 and spent 5 years in Class A. Bomb.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Those must be some ass backwards people.

Lack of LA Football has done odd things to people. Sure they could root for the traitorous Chargers, the sort of traitorous Raiders (hah) or the 49ers (snicker) but a lot glommed onto the success the Broncos had at the end of Elway's run.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Lack of LA Football has done odd things to people. Sure they could root for the traitorous Chargers, the sort of traitorous Raiders (hah) or the 49ers (snicker) but a lot glommed onto the success the Broncos had at the end of Elway's run.

Or LA is full of bandwagon fans

:D

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day

I've been posting in here randomly for like 3 years now and we somehow still don't have any white sox fans here :( (it's related to some like 4 year old joke that I never got but w/e at least the white sox should be in the running this year)

on a random other thought, how did the load times for mlb the show compare on the ps4 compared to the ps3? I am thinking about preordering the LE of the new game (well keeping my preorder) to maybe play some games with you guys this year (maybe even join the season games as dun dun dun... the white sox and then doing horribly because I only bat on easy with my player normally :p) but I am hoping that the load times are at least better than the ps3 or vita versions as 60 second loads for 5 minutes of gameplay are poopy.
Can't say I remember you.

Watching local news I see Stanton was at his old high school taking batting practice. Damn it would of been worth the trip to check it out

zulux21

Can't say I remember you.

not surprising. while I am checking this thread on a daily basis I typically only post a few times in a week.

I didn't post much in the second half of last season though because my team was sucking and I didn't want to post in a thread with Jeter's name in it :/

anyways I got to watching that mlb the show 2015 footage they showed a few hours back and I love the box score near the end of the footage.

:p

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
sadly he sucks so much he'll clear waivers and go to AAA and be back up in June.
The Braves outrighted outfielder Jose Constanza to Triple-A Gwinnett, according to the International League’s transactions page. Atlanta designated Constanza for assignment last week. The 31-year-old has spent the last four seasons in the Braves organization, including 240 plate appearances at the Major League level.
Yeeeppp

We can only hope. Really glad they didn't blow the team up this offseason, but that just puts that much more pressure on this season..

Yes, God forbid a 96-loss team blow things up and try something new.

I mean, I don't follow the Rockies at all, but is that really the prevailing sentiment in Denver? That they needed to keep the team together? Because looking at B-Ref, it looks pretty dire. Outside of Tulo and one or two other guys, it doesn't exactly look like a team that's on the cusp of contending and just needs a few breaks. It looks like a pretty big rebuild.

Welcome to our humble abode, Grover!!

Yeah I'll actually post in here this year. Go Sox!

I'll probably go back to NFL-GAF...sometime...eventually. But there's no real NFL news and no one has calmed down from the Super Bowl yet. I lurked in there for a page or two yesterday and it was bad.

Parch

Blue Jays had their state-of-the-franchise address yesterday. Totally awkward because of the whole Duquette mess, and the usual questions about the gaping holes in the lineup. Bullpen is a mess, 2B is up for grabs, and still a bunch of desperation lowball offers for the leftover FA's. In other words, business as usual.

Sanjuro

Blue Jays had their state-of-the-franchise address yesterday. Totally awkward because of the whole Duquette mess, and the usual questions about the gaping holes in the lineup. Bullpen is a mess, 2B is up for grabs, and still a bunch of desperation lowball offers for the leftover FA's. In other words, business as usual.

When is Big Dan going to get his Hollywood film?

Yes, God forbid a 96-loss team blow things up and try something new.

I mean, I don't follow the Rockies at all, but is that really the prevailing sentiment in Denver? That they needed to keep the team together? Because looking at B-Ref, it looks pretty dire. Outside of Tulo and one or two other guys, it doesn't exactly look like a team that's on the cusp of contending and just needs a few breaks. It looks like a pretty big rebuild.

Not to mention the odds of Tulo not being in another uniform by the ASB are minimal. So unless they get a Cubs/Shark type haul, and for an oft injured SS I doubt they pull that, they're not in a very good position.

The farm system is pretty meh, they don't have a lot of youth playing that they can turn into something (ala Astros), they don't have very good pitching.

The whole team just seems like it's poised to fall apart. And it should, they need to stop putting it off and just collapse and rebuild.

BFIB

If your the Rockies, you don't want to Amaro your team. Move those contracts now so that way you get pieces back that are at least valuable

zulux21

22 hits and no runs? Petco Park'd!

the most impressive part was it was 22 hits in the top of the first inning with no runs...

or perhaps the more impressive part was they had an error without playing the field at all..
or maybe that the dodgers had 2 hits before they had even had an at bat as that screen is from the mid of the 1st. :p

Lunar FC

I think yall are under selling the Rockies a bit here. There was a point last season when we were tied for the lead in the NL west and had 3 of the top 5 batting averages in baseball. Then everyone got hurt at the same time and it turned into a disaster. But i can't see how shipping off tulo for a mediocre pitcher is going to help.

I think yall are under selling the Rockies a bit here. There was a point last season when we were tied for the lead in the NL west and had 3 of the top 5 batting averages in baseball. Then everyone got hurt at the same time and it turned into a disaster. But i can't see how shipping off tulo for a mediocre pitcher is going to help.

The rotation is complete garbage though. They were mashing for a while but they realistically couldn't be expected to keep putting up those numbers game after game. When the bats went cold, the awfulness of the rotation wasn't enough to keep them around.

I don't know much about the current state of the Rockies farm system, but yes, I would trade Tulo and CarGo and get a rebuild happening. It doesn't look like this team has any pitching at all. Arenado is the next face of the franchise, so start building around him.

Sanjuro

It's the NL West. You don't over sell anything.

When is Jonathan Gray coming up.
Still remember I was pissed we passed on him when we ended up picking Bryant.
How clueless I was.

Top Bottom