• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT| This Year, We Put Some Mustard on It.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjuro

...so, I just became Budweiser's fan of the game.

I now have a half dozen tickets and shit being delivered to me during the game now.

Going to get blitzed!

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
It was like a game of drop the air hockey puck down to your prize. I observed what people put it in and what they won as they were behind me.

Just picked the right one.

Now I need to scalp some tickets Hah.

If I was in Boston I'd come get smashed with you

Sanjuro

XOugxaR.jpg

Fan of the game, bitches!

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
...so, I just became Budweiser's fan of the game.

I now have a half dozen tickets and shit being delivered to me during the game now.

Going to get blitzed!

Damn, congrats. I won free Skyline Chili for my row once by answering a trivia question. Reds are so cheap.

harSon

Banned
This season blows.

Our organization is cheap as fuck. We've regressed beyond belief. We find new ways to lose every game. We're injured as fuck.

Marte and Tabata went out injured today. We could probably lose a few more outfielders, with Polanco being the only viable outfielder left to call up, and the Pirates would probably bring up someone from AA. At least own up to the fact that you're cheap motherfuckers, and stop suggesting that Polanco is left in the minors because he has stuff to work on.

What more does a guy who is hitting .390, 63 hits (13 doubles, 5 tripples), 5 HRs, 40 RBIs and 10 stolen bases in AAA have to learn?

CygnusXS

This season blows.

Our organization is cheap as fuck. We've regressed beyond belief. We find new ways to lose every game. We're injured as fuck.

Marte and Tabata went out injured today. We could probably lose a few more outfielders, with Polanco being the only viable outfielder left to call up, and the Pirates would probably bring up someone from AA. At least own up to the fact that you're cheap motherfuckers, and stop suggesting that Polanco is left in the minors because he has stuff to work on.

What more does a guy who is hitting .390, 63 hits (13 doubles, 5 tripples), 5 HRs, 40 RBIs and 10 stolen bases in AAA have to learn?
Something something playing the right way

harSon

Banned
Something something playing the right way

I understand not wanting to sacrifice a year of Arbitration, and not wanting to sacrifice that in a potentially off year, but I think his bat would really make a difference.

We've lost 11 games by 1 point so far. And we've lost A LOT of games due to the fact that we have a tendency to strand an absurd amount of base runners in scoring position. I'm not saying Polanco would have single handedly turned those losses into wins, but having another viable bat in a lineup of mediocrity that could A) Bring some of those base runners home or at the very least B) Prevent pitchers from pitching around what few legitimate threats we do have would go a LONG way towards making our team better.

CygnusXS

I understand not wanting to sacrifice a year of Arbitration, and not wanting to sacrifice that in a potentially off year, but I think his bat would really make a difference.

We've lost 11 games by 1 point so far. And we've lost A LOT of games due to the fact that we have a tendency to strand an absurd amount of base runners in scoring position. I'm not saying Polanco would have single handedly turned those losses into wins, but having another viable bat in a lineup of mediocrity that could A) Bring some of those base runners home or at the very least B) Prevent pitchers from pitching around what few legitimate threats we do have would go a LONG way towards making our team better.
I agree with all of that. I'm thankful that when the Braves were in a similar position with Heyward back in the day, they gave him the starting job out of the gate. It might end up costing them now, but it's doubtful they would have won the WC that year without him.

This season blows.

Joc Pederson is hitting .355, .465 OBP, 1.123 OPS, 13 HRs, 25 RBIs, and has 11 stolen bases in AAA.

These players are too good for the minors.

He's not like Puig who made dumb mistakes or Guerrero who is being trained for another position. All of the outfielders besides Puig are failing.

Joc Pederson is hitting .355, .465 OBP, 1.123 OPS, 13 HRs, 25 RBIs, and has 11 stolen bases in AAA.

These players are too good for the minors.

He's not like Puig who made dumb mistakes or Guerrero who is being trained for another position. All of the outfielders besides Puig are failing.

That Ethier contract is god awful. Crawford contract is even worse.

Sanjuro

A girl that used to see me saw me on the jumbotron. I'm getting more tail tonight gentlemen.

No, I won't create a new thread!

I entered into a couple raffles. Testing this luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom