• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT| This Year, We Put Some Mustard on It.

Status
Not open for further replies.
kemp looks garbage too

dodgers need to unload all these old has beens and get younger with the cuban infield and joc and puig outfield.. ill even take van slyke over kemp in of right now

ESPN.com said:
Seven Baseball Tonight Commentators to
be Strategically Positioned throughout Dodger Stadium to Call Dodgers-Pirates in Unique Experience for Viewers

ESPN will present a unique experience for viewers this weekend on Sunday Night Baseball presented by Taco Bell – the exclusive, national Major League Baseball game of the week – as the Pittsburgh Pirates visit the Los Angeles Dodgers, June 1, at 8 p.m. ET. Baseball Tonight will “take over” Sunday Night Baseball, immediately following the Baseball Tonight: Sunday Night Countdown on-site pre-game show at 7 p.m.
How it will work
Karl Ravech and Baseball Hall of Famer and analyst Barry Larkin will be on site for Baseball Tonight: Sunday Night Countdown from just outside of Dodger Stadium. After the show, Ravech and Larkin will head to the Sunday Night Baseball booth inside the stadium where they will lead a team of seven Baseball Tonight commentators who will collectively call the action from various locations throughout Dodger Stadium.
ESPN’s regular Sunday Night Baseball booth – Dan Shulman and John Kruk – has the week off. Regular Sunday Night Baseball reporter Buster Olney will be part of the seven-person team at Dodger Stadium.
Sounds kinda chaotic, def. gotta check this out.

Fox318

Brian Wilson gets his own bobblehead after a fan vote earlier in the season.

10348387_10152860361763508_6337437305729787513_n.jpg

How many runs will it give up?

It's nice to see Jays-GAF growing! (Though I know some of you have been here awhile, too.)

One-third of the season is done, and they're on pace for around 90 wins. As much as I want to retain my pessimism, it's getting really hard. It didn't help that yesterday I suddenly remembered that those '92 and '93 teams won even though they had some pretty average pitching. Maybe it's safe to be a tiny bit optimistic?

Now they're totally going to crater.

Usually by mid-May I have 5 posts in the thread, and then something horrible happens to the team and I retreat to the shadows. This year feels different... but then I have the horrible feeling AA will screw this up somehow.

I think they lose tonight to KC. Dickey is overdue for an implosion.

It's nice to see Jays-GAF growing! (Though I know some of you have been here awhile, too.)

One-third of the season is done, and they're on pace for around 90 wins. As much as I want to retain my pessimism, it's getting really hard. It didn't help that yesterday I suddenly remembered that those '92 and '93 teams won even though they had some pretty average pitching. Maybe it's safe to be a tiny bit optimistic?

Now they're totally going to crater.

I haven't been around much this year due to family obligations but trying to catch a lot of the games on the fly and it's been fun. I still have plenty of pessimism. I'm worried this time will crash hard when they finally lose like they did after last season's winning streak.

If they keep this up till mid season they have enough pieces to move for another starting pitcher of quality.

Girlfriend came home early yesterday from work with a birthday gift that she said I had to unwrap quickly so we could leave for our mystery destination. She got me a Smokey Joe grill and two tickets to last night's game. :) It was windy so it was hard to get the charcoal to burn, but eventually we managed to eat before heading in.

Was nice to go to a game that wasn't a nailbiter. Every game I seem to go to has K-Rod giving up two hits and a walk before he finally slams the door. Good birthday gift, and now I can practice my grilling!

Talon

Girlfriend came home early yesterday from work with a birthday gift that she said I had to unwrap quickly so we could leave for our mystery destination. She got me a Smokey Joe grill and two tickets to last night's game. :) It was windy so it was hard to get the charcoal to burn, but eventually we managed to eat before heading in.

Was nice to go to a game that wasn't a nailbiter. Every game I seem to go to has K-Rod giving up two hits and a walk before he finally slams the door. Good birthday gift, and now I can practice my grilling!
That sounds pretty sweet, man. You found yourself a keeper!

Also, I thought you were in Arkansas for some reason...

Chris R

Is there a place to look up stats that isn't baseball-reference?

I was trying to graph out the Mariners win % over the past few years to see just how good this season actually is for us so far...

baseball-reference is ok, I just have to go season by season, convert to csv, import only the column I care about and then do another transform in Excel :( Really wish the MLB had an API available to use...

Branduil

The Rangers won a series where their starting pitchers were Nick Tepesch, Scott Baker, Joe Saunders, and Nick Martinez. And they lost the one game on one of the worst blown calls ever.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Is there a place to look up stats that isn't baseball-reference?

I was trying to graph out the Mariners win % over the past few years to see just how good this season actually is for us so far...

baseball-reference is ok, I just have to go season by season, convert to csv, import only the column I care about and then do another transform in Excel :( Really wish the MLB had an API available to use...
http://www.fangraphs.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom