• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT| This Year, We Put Some Mustard on It.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
qgQIAe1.gif

Finally a contender to dethrone Cincinnati ex-mayor Mark Mallory

cincinnati_mayor_mark_mallorys_first_pitch_is_even_worse-64804.gif

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Another SpringerDinger today.

Damn this rook can hit :D

Syrinx

Kinda nice to see the Mets handle Ike Davis in this series. Would have been so fucking typical for him to come in and destroy us for the three games. I wish Ike well, but I'm glad we got him good in his return.

While we’re still more than two months from the July 31 non-waiver trade deadline, multiple sources have indicated to Bruce Levine of CBS Chicago that the Orioles are the “leading team of interest” in the early stages of the Jeff Samardzija sweepstakes. According to Levine, there’s mutual interest between the two teams, which isn’t surprising given the Orioles’ wealth of young pitching.

Baltimore has built up a strong crop of top-tier pitching prospects in the form of Dylan Bundy, Kevin Gausman, Hunter Harvey (who, as a 2013 draftee, is ineligible to be dealt until after this year’s draft) and Eduardo Rodriguez. Each of those players ranked inside the game’s top 61 prospects, per Baseball Prospectus. While Harvey didn’t crack the Top 100 lists of Baseball America or MLB.com, the other three are all present on those lists as well. That crop makes the O’s a particularly logical trading partner for the Cubs, who are stocked with high-end hitting prospects in their well-regarded farm system but lack potential high-impact arms.
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/
Seems like a good fit for both sides.

zroid

Banned
Tampa's been hitting well the last two games so I don't expect Liam Hendriks to stand up to that assault tonight. The streak will end at 8 games but it's been fun. Hopefully they'll continue to win series.

Overlee

So I purchased MLB.tv during last weeks Doyer road trip and figured I just had to listen to Steiner cause Vinny doesn't travel East. But even at home no Scully???? Fuck you SportsNet LA. This isn't Dodger Beisbol! :(

edit: Oh Scully missed both games with a cold? Still Steiner and Sportsnet LA suck. Here's a picture of Vin eating a cookie:

i-e9e88a9065cd843a43e7a49198d6a335-DSC01553.JPG

“Every time this year, a nice lady in Woodland Hills named Mrs. Marti Squyres sends me some chocolate chip cookies. This year when she sent them, in the letter she said: ‘This is a bribe to get you to come back next year.’

“Well, I don’t want to make a big deal out of it. You and I have been friends a long time. But after a lot of soul searching, a few prayers, and decided that maybe we could do it, we decided that we will come back with the Dodgers for next year.

“God’s been awfully good to me, allowing me to do the things that I’ve always wanted to do. I asked him for one more year at least. He said, ‘OK, be quiet, and eat your cookie.’

“I’ll do the same thing.”

And with a wink, he added, getting a little choked up: “Let’s go back (to the game).”

Parch

Tampa's been hitting well the last two games so I don't expect Liam Hendriks to stand up to that assault tonight. The streak will end at 8 games but it's been fun. Hopefully they'll continue to win series.
Archer can be beat. Tampa pitching hasn't been as good as they hoped.

After last night's line drive in the butt, I just want to see Cobb's ass. His cheek must be as blue as a batting helmut. I hope he didn't have to take a dump last night cuz that's gotta be one tender tush. He probably spend the night icing dat ass.

see5harp

Affeldt has been so damn good too. It'd be nice to have Casilla right about now.

Man. Game blown open. These are the series the Giants gotta win with Dodgers surging.

see5harp

3 game winning streak and 6-4 in the last 10 is surging now?

If anything, it's Toronto that's really on a surge at the moment.

Surging is probably a bit much but last Year I remember being in first and Angel getting a inside the park walk off and in a few weeks we were in last place and the dodgers and San Diego (lol) were at the top. Eventually the giants will lose a patch of games.

zychi

Banned
Manny looking healthy. Cubs could use the bat...
Pedro looks like he can still pitch, Cubs could use the arm in the bullpen..

aFIGurANT

Fuck this Yankee offense. It's like they want to win or something.

The kicker being Miller was hitting his spots before the third but he decided to double down on the Lynnings in lieu of yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom