• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT| This Year, We Put Some Mustard on It.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sangreal

jesus, YES, it isn't that hard

7.08(b) Comment: A runner who is adjudged to have hindered a fielder who is attempting to make a play on a batted ball is out whether it was intentional or not.

PENALTY FOR INTERFERENCE: The runner is out and the ball is dead.

I didn't watch yesterday's Dodgers game, but can someone explain how Kershaw got a no-hitter if someone reached base and who wasn't walked?
Clayton-Kershaw-loses-perfect-game-on-Hanley-Ramirez-error.gif

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
It doesn't count as a hit? I understand that that's the rules, but if someone puts the ball in play and reaches base, you would think that counts as a hit.
No. If it's deemed that a fielder should have been able to make a play on it, but they didn't, it's an error, not a hit. The batter doesn't get credit for the fielder's mistake.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
I was watching the monster fly ball that was hit during that pitch so i missed the break, but floyd looked very calm and relaxed waving for the training and calmly walking off. I don't want to watch the replay...

Malvingt2

guys any video of wtf happen to Floyd? and what Inning did that happen? I just got home and I was reading online that he got hurt

edit: nvm.. found it.

rando14

Got a link for that time table? My understanding was that they wouldn't know for sure until they got a better look at it tomorrow.

I don't think it's confirmed but Joel Zumaya had almost the same thing happen like lamb said and he missed the rest of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom