• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT| This Year, We Put Some Mustard on It.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakncoke

Banned
Nice, Tyler Glasnow is working on a 24 and a third inning scoreless streak. If it not were his high bb/9 I wonder if he'd be in AA now after dominating high A as well.

Malvingt2

Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS
Floyd is the 3rd good SP #braves have lost to elbow (medlen, beachy). Wonder if they'll play for Samardzija, who they like.

Parch

Yankee stadium is a house of horrors for the jays.
Definitely. Today's escape from NY couldn't come fast enough.

I must say that Yankee stadium strike zone is a thing of wonder. No surprise that Tanaka is doing so good when they give him those ankle strikes.

Enron

Banned
Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS
Floyd is the 3rd good SP #braves have lost to elbow (medlen, beachy). Wonder if they'll play for Samardzija, who they like.

Don't do it, Frank. This season is lost, the Braves are a .500 team. Just soldier on and don't deal anyone!

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
I don't think they could even put together a competitive package considering the sorry state of the farm system.

Malvingt2

Atlanta Braves ‏@Braves
RHP Gavin Floyd (fractured elbow) has been placed on the 15-day DL and LHP Ryan Buchter (#60) has been recalled from Gwinnett.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
In a move that surprises no one Reds optioned Cingrani back down to AAA. I guess walking in the winning run last night finally opened Price/Jocketty's eyes that this kid needs to cook a little longer.

In other news I'm not sure if this is an asshole or awesome move by Brandon Phillips.
7B70Z2S.jpg

I'm leaning towards asshole since this is the guy who DM'd me on twitter telling me my wife was on his 'list of debbies'

Reds called up reliever Jumbo Diaz.

His listed playing weight is 315 pounds.

Nope lost 70 lbs and is down to an extremely healthy 278 /s

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
In a move that surprises no one Reds optioned Cingrani back down to AAA. I guess walking in the winning run last night finally opened Price/Jocketty's eyes that this kid needs to cook a little longer.

In other news I'm not sure if this is an asshole or awesome move by Brandon Phillips.
7B70Z2S.jpg

I'm leaning towards asshole since this is the guy who DM'd me on twitter telling me my wife was on his 'list of debbies'

Nope lost 70 lbs and is down to an extremely healthy 278 /s

Damn, was hoping there would be a guy actually bigger than Broxton.

jakncoke

Banned
Melancon new closer, good.

edit; Polanco hit streak continues

edit2: lol jesus. guess some mega brawl happened with our AA team. Allie is on the DL with a concussion from it and 5 additional players are suspended 3 games for it, anyone got a vid of it

here is a ant version from someone potato phone. cant really tell shit and its short

http://rumbunter.com/2014/06/19/altoona-curve-brawl-lose/

edit3: looks like the pitch went over our batters head and he didnt take kindly to that and charged the pitcher

edit 4: But thats not blocking plate guys. Holy shit.

Get fucked MLB

Table%20flipping.gif

Not blocking lol, throw this stupid fucking rule away or at least enforce it properly! You cant pick and choose when you want to enforce a rule fucking review crew!

edit: lol this team, meltdowns everywhere.

edit infinute: nice hr to close the deficit

3N16MA

Banned
Definitely. Today's escape from NY couldn't come fast enough.

I must say that Yankee stadium strike zone is a thing of wonder. No surprise that Tanaka is doing so good when they give him those ankle strikes.

He has the highest SwStr% of any qualified starter and also has the best O-Swing%. That means he gets batters to swing outside of the strike zone more than any other pitcher. Of course he also has one of the lowest O-Contact% which means batters are having a tough time making contact with anything outside of the zone even though he is getting them to chase more than any other pitcher. Finally he has the third lowest Zone% of any qualified starter which means he does not thrown many in the strike zone.

Tanaka basically lives outside the strike zone and is able to get batters to chase his pitchers better than anyone. When batters go chasing they make very weak contact or simply none at all. That is why his SwStr% is so high.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
#SpringerDinger

:eek: crushed the shit out of Price's pitch

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
sooo the past 5-6 games that I have been to at nationals park they have not played take on me after take me out to the ball game. I want my money back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom