• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT| This Year, We Put Some Mustard on It.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bautista can't really run though

If he bunts himself into an out jogging down to first to move the runners up, I'd be ok with that. He's a decent bunter and better than Gose. Best way to keep his bat in the lineup too. If he gets on and you want to pinch run for him in a critical situation, that I get.

Edit: Ah, I thought Bautista was the one bunting. NVM.

We don't have anyone who can bunt on our team. Might as well keep Lind in. Same with Bautista. Bad decisions.

Edwin saves the day at least.

Bautista can't really run though

Yep. Especially since he just took a week off to deal with hamstring issues -- he was at second, and rather than risking another injury in the event of him trying to score on a single, they brought in Gose.

Of course, whether bunting is a good idea when the whole team is built around home runs is another question entirely...

AMAZING!!! Oviedo just threw about 8-10 change-ups in a row to Carlos Beltran and Kelly Johnson and the Yankees couldn't capitalize on that one pitch. I've said this for 3 years already they have to get rid of Kevin Long. It is not the players alone its also the coaching.

jakncoke

Banned
So the Yankees went full blown Yankees on the international market today? Olney tweeting how they signed a majority of the top guys. Who they get and how much they spend?

Edit; So I see 3 signing so far and they at 6 million dollars already lol

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/07/yankees-to-sign-nelson-gomez.html

The Pittsburgh Pirates have made their first signing of the July 2nd international signing period, inking a deal with 16-year-old Dominican outfielder Yondry Contreras for a $400k bonus.

So many out fielders lol

Edit; Looks like Rays shooting above their money slot as well, what the penalty for shooting over?

Syrinx

Mets signed SS Kenny Hernandez. Baseball America had him ranked #13 of all international prospects. His swing is supposed to be golden.

Fucking M's are giving my heartstrings a tuggie and we're in JULY! Most years I would laugh if the team plane went down by the time July rolls around, but not this year. This year is gonna be the most brutal heartbreak ever. REGRESS TO THE MEAN BEFORE SEPTEMBER, SHITHEELS.

Fucking M's are giving my heartstrings a tuggie and we're in JULY! Most years I would laugh if the team plane went down by the time July rolls around, but not this year. This year is gonna be the most brutal heartbreak ever. REGRESS TO THE MEAN BEFORE SEPTEMBER, SHITHEELS.

We might as well enjoy the ride...

Into obscurity.

Malo

Banned
So the Yankees went full blown Yankees on the international market today? Olney tweeting how they signed a majority of the top guys. Who they get and how much they spend?

Edit; So I see 3 signing so far and they at 6 million dollars already lol

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/07/yankees-to-sign-nelson-gomez.html

So many out fielders lol

Edit; Looks like Rays shooting above their money slot as well, what the penalty for shooting over?
Reports are that the Yankees are going to spend upwards of 30$ million including penalties. Making it rain in IFA.

jakncoke

Banned
Maybe 1 out of the top 30 international prospects will pan out, and we won't know for like 6 years.

Would be interesting to see top 30 from years back and seeing how far they progressed.

Interesting looking at 2010

Adonys Cardona was #1 paid 2.8 million A level not very good stats
Luis Heredia t2 2.6 A level not very good stats
Ariel Ovando .235 career hitter so far
Phillips Castillo t4 2.2 million .229 hitter
Renato Nunez decent stats

of course they all are 20 so they still have a lot of time left. Interesting small sample of the 2 million signees from 4 years ago though.

JDeluis

Carlos Triunfel keeps dropping the ball. Should have left Rojas in that position.

Edit: Another error by Triunfel. Too bad Kemp gets that error.

I swear to god Wilson...

How can you do this to this man?

ibvlL1Y5uU10WT.gif

Friggz

great day for the yankees (farm) to add all that intl talent. They must really be convinced that there's going to be an international draft.

The position players they signed nicely compliment their pitcher heavy rule 4 draft...

All that being said, seeing some of the kids they signed born in 197 really makes me feel old. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom