• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT| This Year, We Put Some Mustard on It.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parch

Screwy situation in Oakland, but they got the call right. It wasn't a force at home but it kinda screws the A's because the catcher thought it was after the ump screwed up the first base tag call. Game under protest.

Parch

I don't see how the A's can win that protest. The reality was it was a tagged runner which removes the force at home. Just because the ump is an idiot and blew the call doesn't change the reality. You can't take away that run scored.

cashman

Banned
The Rangers are about to pass the mets and enter a 3 way tie with the Phillies and Rays in the reverse standings if they don't come back from this game.

edit: Read the standings wrong. They'll just be tied with the Phillies still a half game back of TB.

jakncoke

Banned
So much keeping it close to come back in the bottom of the 9th

wow. shitting our selfs

welp at least got to see Polanco gun to the plate as we shat the game away!

harSon

Banned
Seems both Frieri and Grilli are still horse shit. I still like the trade since at least we received youthful horse shit...

Instant Replay got the correct call in the Jays/A's Game. I can see why the A's would protest but in reality the catcher should have tagged regardless at home.

Love Thise A's Yellows

So I posted this in the B/S/T thread but i don't think many habitual buyers are sports fans, lol.

I'm selling MLB 14: The Show for $35 via PayPal (including shipping) if anyone here is interested. (PS4)

Then you can join Sanjuro's league and wreck his sorry ass.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
It's kind of amazing that the Rays and Rangers went from postseason contenders one year to 1-1 pick contenders the next. Those guys know how to tank.

cashman

Banned
It's kind of amazing that the Rays and Rangers went from postseason contenders one year to 1-1 pick contenders the next. Those guys know how to tank.

Rangers are only 2 games out but still have to get through 7 teams before they can get 1-1. I don't want to get my hopes up too much though, I'll be extremely satisfied with something in the top 5.

cashman

Banned
Big series against the Mets this weekend. Rangers are tied with them and the Phils for 5th place and could pull ahead with a series loss.

Parch

Blue Jays chose to option Gose instead of Brad Glenn? I'm starting to think Gose did something to piss off the GM.

I think it's about time the Jays did something about the 3 catcher situation as well. It's not like Dickey and Happ having personal catchers are turning them into all-stars. Thole's spot should probably be used elsewhere instead of being a knuckleball net.

harSon

Banned
I really hope Cole being yanked was cautionary, and not a precursor to him being shut down for the season. He pitched well, but his velocity was down :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom