• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT| This Year, We Put Some Mustard on It.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malvingt2

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal
#Cubs in serious talks with #Athletics on big trade, sources tell me and @jonmorosi. If completed, Hammel and/or Samardzija would go to A’s

Addison Russell’s name has been discussed with #Cubs, sources tell me and @jonmorosi. He is not playing today for #Athletics’ Double A club.

#Cubs in serious talks with #Athletics on big trade, sources tell me and @jonmorosi. If completed, Hammel and/or Samardzija would go to A’s

Addison Russell’s name has been discussed with #Cubs, sources tell me and @jonmorosi. He is not playing today for #Athletics’ Double A club.
And so it begins

Addison Russell and Billy Mckinnon(A's top two prospects) were both scratches from the lineup in the minors tonight. Word on Twitter that this trade could be massive.

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal 3m

DEAL IS DONE: #Cubs send Samardzija and Hammel to #Athletics for Addison Russell, per sources. May be other players and team(s) involved.

Oakland's pitching :eek:

This potential Cubs lineup
1B- Rizzo
2B- Russell
SS- Castro
3B- Baez
LF- Soler/Alcantara
CF-Almora
RF-Bryant
C-Schwarber
P- Who the hell cares?

Can't stop drooling over here.

Malvingt2

Kind it surprised that this deal came some early even before the All Stars game. Glad is done. So now every team that needs pitching are going after Price?

zychi

Banned
Kind it surprised that this deal came some early even before the All Stars game. Glad is done. So now every team that needs pitching are going after Price?

Cubs still have Edwin and a decent bullpen to trade away. I doubt Arrieta is on the block. I think he is the potential young ace they keep

Malvingt2

Mark Whicker ‏@MWhicker03
Anybody yet grasped the irony that small-market Oakland was the buyer and mega-market Cubs were the sellers?

I didn't think about this lol

Mark Whicker ‏@MWhicker03
Anybody yet grasped the irony that small-market Oakland was the buyer and mega-market Cubs were the sellers?

I didn't think about this lol

Well, I mean the Cubs are kind of rebuilding. So, yeah.

Would be tremendous if the Cubs could package some of these guys together and get Stanton.

zychi

Banned
Well, I mean the Cubs are kind of rebuilding. So, yeah.

Theo regime is working

This may be in our future
65438382.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom