• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT| This Year, We Put Some Mustard on It.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zychi

Banned
Cubs won't do shit until they get pitching.

Our entire 2013 draft was pitching. Our young bullpen looks good. Arrieta has ace potential. Rumors of Lester coming over if he can't get anything done in Bos. This is the brightest future the Cubs have ever had. And I'm going to guess you're either a Cards or White Sox fan.

Love this move.

harSon

Banned
Ugh, there's no way the Pirates are going to be able to afford anyone at the deadline. We need a pitcher badly, or at least some bullpen support.

Pryce

Our entire 2013 draft was pitching. Our young bullpen looks good. Arrieta has ace potential. Rumors of Lester coming over if he can't get anything done in Bos. This is the brightest future the Cubs have ever had. And I'm going to guess you're either a Cards or White Sox fan.

Love this move.

Dodgers fan.

And the 2013 draft means nothing unless they're getting called up tomorrow. Pitching prospects are very fickle. Lester are just that, "rumors". Arrieta has had a very good 60 innings. Let's see him do it for another 200 before we decide he has ace potential.

Thing is, Cubs don't have pitching yet.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
MVP TROUT!

2vtBaSO.jpg

I saw this coming

So the A's are looking to make it out of the ALDS alive and Theo is building up for his masterplan to unleash 100 years of darkness in the National League.

Seems like a win-win for both sides.

A's rotation now has 5 of the Top 33 pitchers in ERA among qualified starters. I'm guessing Tommy Milone and Brad Mills will be the odd men out. Here's what the A's rotation looks like now:

-- Jeff Samardzija (#18, 2.83)
-- Jason Hammel (#23, 2.98)
-- Sonny Gray (#27, 3.08)
-- Scott Kazmir (#12, 2.61)
-- Jesse Chavez (#33, 3.23)

Peru

I was going to be writing about enjoying watching the Cubs and thinking about the future already before this deal. They've been fun to watch despite being in last place this year. You can sort of see the pieces coming together on a still jumbled puzzle. This deal makes sense.

This potential Cubs lineup
1B- Rizzo
2B- Russell
SS- Castro
3B- Baez
LF- Soler/Alcantara
CF-Almora
RF-Bryant
C-Schwarber
P- Who the hell cares?

Can't stop drooling over here.

From what I've read, Russell is a guy that you don't move off SS. Castro moves to a new position or more likely a new team.

eznark

Banned
Jason Parks @ProfessorParks
ICYMI: Russell will rank #6 overall on the upcoming #BPTop50. That would give the #Cubs the #3, #5, #6, and #18 best prospects in MiLB.

eznark

Banned
They don't really need to. Cubs have the potential for a $175m payroll and with the young guys all coming up on a similar timetable they'll have tons of headroom. They can just buy pitching in 2016.

zychi

Banned
They don't really need to. Cubs have the potential for a $175m payroll and with the young guys all coming up on a similar timetable they'll have tons of headroom. They can just buy pitching in 2016.

Add the new tv and radio deal, and that baseball has no salary cap. :)

aFIGurANT

I wonder if the Rays would bite on Craig and maybe some middling pitching from AAA. He's really not cutting it right now but that track record might sway someone. Loney is probably doing just as well is the thing holding back that deal, I think.

I wonder if the Rays would bite on Craig and maybe some middling pitching from AAA. He's really not cutting it right now but that track record might sway someone. Loney is probably doing just as well is the thing holding back that deal, I think.

Maybe if Craig was still in arbitration, but no way with the contract he has. Plus everyone else in the league is seeing what the Cardinals are seeing.

jbug617

Banned
So how much money is it going to take to sign Lester? I hope Larry didn't screw up the negotiations late last year when he low ball him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom