• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT| This Year, We Put Some Mustard on It.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeez the comments on the Cubs FB page are worse than YouTube comments.
Conspiracy theorists are saying that Ricketts just wants to save money and they should boycott the team.
Others are saying that we had a chance at the WC since we won 4 in a row.
I hate this fanbase sometimes.

I wonder if the Rays would bite on Craig and maybe some middling pitching from AAA. He's really not cutting it right now but that track record might sway someone. Loney is probably doing just as well is the thing holding back that deal, I think.
Maybe we can get a bag of baseballs if we kick in some money.

11-game hitting streak for B.J. Upton.

Fredi-Gonzalez.jpg

aFIGurANT

Maybe if Craig was still in arbitration, but no way with the contract he has. Plus everyone else in the league is seeing what the Cardinals are seeing.
He's not been terrible though. I mean obviously you want cost controlled guys and Tampa doesn't have the payroll to support a mediocre Craig, but maybe it happens if the right package comes together.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Jeez the comments on the Cubs FB page are worse than YouTube comments.
Conspiracy theorists are saying that Ricketts just wants to save money and they should boycott the team.
Others are saying that we had a chance at the WC since we won 4 in a row.
I hate this fanbase sometimes.
Doesn't sound that different from any other fanbase to me.

carlos

just mad at his stupid baserunning in the 3rd inning...

I can understand his defensive value, but he doesn't get on base enough to take advantage of said good baserunning.

Just pissed at him wasting his supposed potential, and all we get is a .250 hitter with no power (for 1 1/2 more years).

I'm getting annoyed at watching him ground out to second or pop up, much like I was with Andruw in his latter years in ATL. Even his rbi single today was a soft hit ball a foot away from possibly being a DP.

aFIGurANT

Way to cough it up to the fucking dregs of this Miami lineup, Rosenthal. Not that I think he should have been in there but still a sorry display.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
just mad at his stupid baserunning in the 3rd inning...

I can understand his defensive value, but he doesn't get on base enough to take advantage of said good baserunning.

Just pissed at him wasting his supposed potential, and all we get is a .250 hitter with no power (for 1 1/2 more years).

I'm getting annoyed at watching him ground out to second or pop up, much like I was with Andruw in his latter years in ATL. Even his rbi single today was a soft hit ball a foot away from possibly being a DP.
He is great against RHP......but completely lost against LHP.

carlos

indeed, but his defense is too good for him to be platooned.

still, team MVP according to WAR? I don't think I can trust the calculations used to get those results.

and now harang starts haranging again....

aFIGurANT

He definitely shouldn't have been in there he barely made it out of the game yesterday

I missed last night but it sounded pretty ugly. At a certain point you need to trust Neshek and Motte and let someone else earn the save. It does no one any good to let him keep blowing big games just so he can know he's "the guy."

RGVNOE

I missed last night but it sounded pretty ugly. At a certain point you need to trust Neshek and Motte and let someone else earn the save. It does no one any good to let him keep blowing big games just so he can know he's "the guy."

he should've put Neshek tonight he's having an awesome season and Rosie could've used a night off after throwing nearly 40 pitches last night and almost blowing the game. Yea he should definitely trust the others more though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom