• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT| This Year, We Put Some Mustard on It.

Status
Not open for further replies.
i9snxacxKg9IW.gif

awww yea

I will be in the US this summer and Ill go watch a baseball game.

I am in the process of reading up on the rules of baseball since, obviously, I will enjoy it more if I have a clue whats going on.

What I dont get yet. How does the MBL system work?

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/standings/?tcid=mm_mlb_standings

- Why are there 2 leagues?
- Divided into N/E/S/W?
- What is important to be high up in the chart? Only wins?
- Will teams of different leagues play each other?
- How is yearly season winnner determined?
- What do these things in the standing mean?
PCT GB L10 STRK

Thanks!

Syrinx

I will be in the US this summer and Ill go watch a baseball game.

I am in the process of reading up on the rules of baseball since, obviously, I will enjoy it more if I have a clue whats going on.

What I dont get yet. How does the MBL system work?

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/standings/?tcid=mm_mlb_standings

- Why are there 2 leagues?
- Divided into N/E/S/W?
- What is important to be high up in the chart? Only wins?
- Will teams of different leagues play each other?
- How is yearly season winnner determined?
- What do these things in the standing mean?
PCT GB L10 STRK

Thanks!

-Been that way forever, it's basically like Western Conference/Eastern Conference in NBA/NHL or AFC/NFC in NFL.
-Each league has three divisions of five teams, divided by east, central, and west\
-Teams that have the better records will be placed higher in the division standings\
-Yes, there is interleague play
-6 division champions advance to the playoffs, as well as two (was one before a couple of years ago) wild card teams. Wild card teams in each league play a one game playoff. Then the eight remaining teams play best-of-5-game series' to advance to the league championship series', which are best-of-7. The final two play in the World Series, which is best-of-7 as well.
-Winning percentage, Games behind division leader, winning/losing streak.

-Been that way forever, it's basically like Western Conference/Eastern Conference in NBA/NHL or AFC/NFC in NFL.
-Each league has three divisions of five teams, divided by east, central, and west\
-Teams that have the better records will be placed higher in the division standings\
-Yes, there is interleague play
-6 division champions advance to the playoffs, as well as two (was one before a couple of years ago) wild card teams. Wild card teams in each league play a one game playoff. Then the eight remaining teams play best-of-5-game series' to advance to the league championship series', which are best-of-7. The final two play in the World Series, which is best-of-7 as well.
-Winning percentage, Games behind division leader, winning/losing streak.

thanks. that helped a lot. I am baffled by the amount of games there are during a season.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Based Braves are set to DFA Uggla

Still have trouble believing the Braves front office think they had a legitimate chance to sell us this turd for Brandon Phillips.. Maybe they didn't and it was just wishful thinking on Braves front office folks. Either way LOLOLOL

jakncoke

Banned
Just seen on twitter that 22 of A's remaining 67 games are against the Astros/Rangers.

random stat of the day. The 1931 A's when they were in Philly have the best franchise record 107-45-1

Edit1: Keep it up Liriano!

Edit2: lol cueto pretty much at his career high in k's before the all star break

jakncoke

Banned
Get a double play here and we're good otherwise gates could be opened

edit: ffs red-age get a bigger ball park. this little league park is bs

edit; haha you shitlers just lost to rangers in the 2013 world series in my rtts

jakncoke

Banned
I guess Liriano is broken

jesus..

also could be last year was a fluke because it wasnt like he was consistently good in the previous years before we got him.

Edit: Maybe cueto can get hungry, fake a oblique and hit up a sizzler this inning. ONE CAN HOPE!

harSon

Banned
jesus..

also could be last year was a fluke because it wasnt like he was consistently good in the previous years before we got him.

We'll see how the rest of the game goes.

All of our pitchers this season seem to be terrible in the first inning or two, giving up a few runs, only to settle back down for the rest of the game. Hopefully this is that, or maybe he's just in one of his patented shit years. If so, he won't be good again until 2016 Lol.

Fredi Gonzalez says they are not going to discuss Uggla's suspension.

"I'm not going to say anything other than that it's an internal matter," he said. "That's the way I like to handle stuff, and the Atlanta Braves like to handle stuff. And that's it. You can ask me 400 different ways and my way is that we're going to handle it internally."

Supposedly, Uggla didn't get to Wrigley Field until an hour before yesterday's game.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Fucking Uggla

The Braves announcers just sort of played it off, but damn if the dude isn't the biggest joke in the Majors right now.

Hr obviously doesn't give a fuck that he is a joke though. Wish we knew what the rest of the team thought of Uggla's fucking dumb ass.

jakncoke

Banned
smh

edit; very nice pitch by liriano

edit2: wow liriano nutted up and step up. Now if he could continue that for the rest of the season.. and not be like the guy that made the bases loaded that'd be great..

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I'm out and about today fighting the rain while running errands but from what little I heard on the radio sounds like we've left 10 or so on base and only have 3 runs. Reds baseball.

I imagine it will get shut down soon. It's raining hard all different parts Cincinnati.

jakncoke

Banned
I'm out and about today fighting the rain while running errands but from what little I heard on the radio sounds like we've left 10 or so on base and only have 3 runs. Reds baseball.

I imagine it will get shut down soon. It's raining hard all different parts Cincinnati.

It was about 5 minutes ago.

Velcro Fly

Please don't send Alcantara back down. I won't be able to stand seeing Darwin Barney's worthless ass in the lineup anymore. And hey Yankees (or anyone else in need of a starter) Edwin Jackson is available! He's nothing if not durable! Please pay him some of that owed money the next couple years so that the Cubs don't have to!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom