• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT| This Year, We Put Some Mustard on It.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to the All Star Break

ZqwXGVW.jpg

eznark

Banned
Brewers started the week with the biggest lead in baseball, will limp into the ASB clinging to the lead.

Whatever. It's fine. It's totally fine. everything is fine....

The Angels and Padres are discussing a deal that would send Ian Kennedy and Huston Street to the Angels. They are closer to a deal for Street than they are Kennedy.

The Mets have informed clubs that Bartolo Colon is being made available. Colon is still owed about $4.5 million this year and $10 million in 2015.

So Waino is starting for the NL. I have no problem with Matheny picking his own guy. Wainwright has been having one hell of a year so he deserves it. It stings a bit to not see Kershaw start two years in a row but last year it had to be Harvey and this year that one month out ruined his chance.

Hopefully he gets a start in the next few years. Perhaps when the ASG returns to Dodger Stadium after 34 years.

Syrinx

What could the Mets feasibly get for Bartolo Colon though. He has a good WHIP and eats innings, but he's 41 and has an ERA just below 4.

As a Jays' fan I should be all "Hey, that's a good first half" but knowing how things have gone I'm expecting shit to only get worse.

.303 baseball over the last month! At this point, I'll just be pleasantly surprised by a .500 finish...and I'll try not to think about the fact next year will probably be worse, since Rasmus & Cabrera will almost definitely be gone, and Reyes will continue to be a giant suckhole in the middle of the field/payroll.

But hey, at least we'll get to see Norris and Sanchez soon, right? Stroman is showing that not every Jays rookie is a guaranteed letdown.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
We picking favorites for the Home Run Derby?

I'd obviously love to go with my boy Todd but realistically Stanton or Bautista are probably safer bets.

Syrinx

I'll go with Cespedes to repeat. Stanton has been struggling the last couple of weeks, which I know probably shouldn't affect him too much when essentially taking BP but I'll still take Cespedes.

rando14

Never looked at Cutch's defensive stats and that is surprising to me.

themoreyouknow.jpg

Didn't expect that!!

I was also surprised to find out how poor Kemp's fielding is. I knew he was bad, but dude's DWAR is -2.4, literally the worst fielder at any position (qualified or non-qualified) in the entire MLB

I was also surprised to find out how poor Kemp's fielding is. I knew he was bad, but dude's DWAR is -2.4, literally the worst fielder at any position (qualified or non-qualified) in the entire MLB
He was pretty terrible in center field. He's been looking way better in left field.

Cool. Where did you get those stats? I'm curious to see the stats from the Blue Jays.

That's some awfully morbid curiosity. Outside of Lawrie, Dickey and Buerhle, I'd be shocked if the Jays have plus defenders.

Also, can't wait to see Stanton in the Derby tonight. I want to see some 500 ft HRs.

That's some awfully morbid curiosity. Outside of Lawrie, Dickey and Buerhle, I'd be shocked if the Jays have plus defenders.

Also, can't wait to see Stanton in the Derby tonight. I want to see some 500 ft HRs.

Its important to remember that right now defensive stats are kind of variable year to year and it is better to look at 3 year windows than individual years.

Career Defense:

Andrew McCutchen: -11.5 runs saved (yes, negative 11.5)
Carlos Gomez: 88.4 runs saved above average.

I enjoyed reading Genius At Work Mike Matheny's reasoning for putting McCutchen in CF.

Milwaukee Journal Sentinel said:
"We're just going off of experience, we're talking about an MVP player," manager Mike Matheny said of picking McCutchen to play center. "Andrew McCutchen is definitely one of those standout players defensively, as well as Carlos Gomez.

You may be regarded as one of the best, if not THE best, defensive outfielder in the game, Gomez, but you're an MVP short on the pecking order.

jakncoke

Banned
salty brewers fans stay salty, try and not meltdown out of the playoff picture. specially with all of that shit talking trolling eznark was doing while they were good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom