• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT| This Year, We Put Some Mustard on It.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
It's disappointing that the Official ASG hats are 59fifty. I always look like such a clown in those high crown flat bill caps.

I wish they offered them in 39thirty as well.

Sanjuro

It's disappointing that the Official ASG hats are 59fifty. I always look like such a clown in those high crown flat bill caps.

I wish they offered them in 39thirty as well.

I get the low crown option in the 59fifty, but I doubt they have them for the All Star caps.

DietRob

Hmm. I didn't know they had a low crown option. But it looks like you're right regarding the ASG hats. Only option is size.

jbug617

Banned
Are you guys buying the Sox trading for Hamels?

From Nick Carfado:

2. Cole Hamels, anyone? It makes perfect sense for the Red Sox to pursue the Phillies lefthander. They have been scouting him. Why? His contract is precisely the contract the Sox want for a No. 1 pitcher. It has four years remaining at about $90 million.

Such a move would be geared mostly for next season. The issue for the Sox would be giving up prospects.

Hamels is Philly’s most tradeable commodity. They would have to score huge to make a deal. The Phillies have been scouting Boston heavily all season. At one point they had their top people at seven of eight Sox series. And now the Phillies are scouting Boston’s farm system.

The Phillies would have to get three top young players to even think about a Hamels deal. Otherwise, they will likely build around him.

A play for Hamels could improve the Red Sox’ leverage with Lester, to whom they made an opening proposal of four years at $70 million.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2...for-red-sox/qnepFeL2ALHO1kuohiL8cO/story.html

What happens when you try to catch one of Stanton's homers without a glove.

BssZHJhCMAA_Bzk.jpg:large

eznark

Banned
Cubs are the new late 00's Royals. That worked out! (actually, it is sort of starting to work out, fuck!)

Segura rejoining the team today. Pretty sure I'd be drunk in a hole the rest of my life if my son died.

rando14

Mark Appel threw 1.2 innings last night in A ball, giving up 7 ER and raising his ERA to 10.80.

...So is this guy cooked or what?

DietRob

I miss watching the Reds. Fuck the all star break. Can't wait to put a beatdown on the New York Jeters.

Zobrist, eh

Price? NO NO NO NO NO NO. He'll cost a shitton in prospects PLUS he doesn't even want to pitch here
Yep. Remember at the Winter Meetings his agent said he wouldn't sign with yhem. Stick with Taijuan.

And Appel recently had a cortisone shot in his weist. It didn't work. Maybe do preemptive Tommy John or something.

Syrinx

Some more notes about Appel: he's already 23 years old (birthday was two days ago), and in high A ball has given up 69 hits in 38.1 innings pitched.

Mark Saxon ‏@markasaxon

Spoke to a baseball source today who said he expects the #Dodgers to pursue Jonathan Papelbon
Sounds like something Ned would do.

UPDATE:
Mark Saxon ‏@markasaxon

I have subsequently been told the #Dodgers are not interested in Papelbon
Well that didn't last long.

aFIGurANT

*Shamefully rears head after the ASG for the good of MLBGAF*

Out of the park 14 is part of the humble bundle that started today. Should be a fun way to spend this off season even if I can't get around to it once we're back from the break. All that Astro-gate stuff has me excited to get at being a GM.

eznark

Banned
*Shamefully rears head after the ASG for the good of MLBGAF*

Out of the park 14 is part of the humble bundle that started today. Should be a fun way to spend this off season even if I can't get around to it once we're back from the break. All that Astro-gate stuff has me excited to get at being a GM.

OOTP 15 is only $20 right now

Alright, baseball is back! Let's turn on ROOT for the Ms game toni-- wait, rally racing? No game until tomorrow? What the fuck?

I need my baseball. :-/

I think you have to send Appel to Spring Training or shut him down. He has pretty much been permanently scarred. A Ball is too high for him. Member when Harold Reynolds said he would be in the Majors by last July? Yeah.....

Watching my local news, Yankees and Red Sox interested in Kemp?

Kemp, Ethier for Lester & some $$
Kemp's agent says wants to play center field every day even if he has to be dealt to a new team. I'm fine with letting him go but I don't know what we could get back in a deal like that. Plus would a team make a trade for a player with an injury history such as his.

Enron

Banned
Cashman, I'm so sorry:

The boos this weekend at Rogers Centre are going to be hilariously loud.

I dont even give a shit anymore. What else are you supposed to do/feel/expect when half the 25-man roster is injured?

On a brighter note, I hope my remade pitching staff in the Rejects league can do some notSucking in the 2nd half. Out with CJ Wilson, Minor, Peralta and in with Ventura/Cain/Shields!

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
http://www.latimes.com/sports/dodgers/la-sp-dodgers-20140718-story.html

What's realistic

The Dodgers have significantly more talent than any other team in the NL West, which offers them a greater margin for error than their rivals. As strong as the Giants have looked at times, their recent slide demonstrated they always will be an injury or two away from a major slump. The Dodgers should win the division, perhaps even by a double-digit margin as they did last season.

Better cancel the rest of the season, it's already been figured out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom