• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT| This Year, We Put Some Mustard on It.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
FYI for any direct tv subscribers.

MLB Extra Innings has a free trial on direct tv thru 7/24. It's channels 719 - 749.

I can't wait to try it out.

Malvingt2

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal 31s
Sources: #Braves cutting ties with Uggla.

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal 41s
Not clear yet whether Uggla is getting designated for assignment by #Braves or released.

Malvingt2

Mark Bowman ‏@mlbbowman
Multiple sources have confirmed @Ken_Rosenthal's report that the #Braves are releasing Uggla. He'll pass through waivers and then be a FA

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Mark Bowman ‏@mlbbowman
Multiple sources have confirmed @Ken_Rosenthal's report that the #Braves are releasing Uggla. He'll pass through waivers and then be a FA
ZaIyq.gif

Malvingt2

Atlanta Braves ‏@Braves 11s
The Braves have released 2B Dan Uggla. A corresponding roster move will be made prior to tonight's game.

oh shit!! no waiver? damn

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Would be funny if someone picks him up and he ends up on a hot streak. Would be funnier if he goes backs to the Marlins and they end up higher than the Braves as a result!

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Somebody will definitely take a flyer on Uggla now since all they have to pay him is the MLB minimum.
MLB Minimum is still too much for him.

He can't field.
He can't hit.

I guess he can go from 1st to 3rd pretty well. so he has that going for him.

BFIB

With Phillips being out, I could see the Reds taking a flyer on Uggla.

Or the Yankees since they apparently will nab every infielder available.

Or the Angels, to test him out as DH.

BFIB

Mariners are targeting Zobrist. I'm ready for some hot stove, after last years lackluster deadline, I want some crazy trades this year.

Malvingt2

Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS 10s
brady aiken and jacob nix did sign with #astros, confirming @jimcallisMLB

wait what?

edit:

Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS 31s
aiken and nix did NOT sign. sorry about typo

smh lol

rando14

Aiken either goes to university and has to wait 3 years or he goes to CC and can re-enter next year. Basically lost at least a year of salary which is sucky

jakncoke

Banned
Aiken either goes to university and has to wait 3 years or he goes to CC and can re-enter next year. Basically lost at least a year of salary which is sucky

Could he go to like Japan or some other non affiliated MLB league for a year? Like a independent league?

BFIB

Cards move Miller to the bullpen, and will use a 4-man rotation over the next few weeks.

That always turns out well!

Malvingt2

When is the last time a team failed to sign their #1 overall pick or even top 5? If ever. So what happens to Aiken? CC?

Jim Callis ‏@jimcallisMLB
Brady Aiken becomes third No. 1 overall pick not to sign, following Danny Goodwin (1971) & Tim Belcher (1983). @Astros @MLBDraft

aFIGurANT

From what I've gathered the astros will pick up the 1st or 2nd pick in the compensation draft next year after not signing Aiken or anyone else. I may be misremembering and they'll actually get the high slot in the rookie draft so correct me if I'm wrong here.

Either way though this was not predicted to be the outcome of the Aiken situation. Everyone thought they'd maybe get him to take their lowball so they could sign others with the slot money but no way was Aiken supposed to be back on the market next year. Between this and Appel their rebuild is looking much shakier. Also: Aiken may have given the Astros the finger after the deal fell through over their team doctor so I'm curious as to who turned down whom in this mess.

Speaking of a mess, what the fuck Nemss, way to kill my hype for the second half. The bullpen is going to be taxed as fuck with only Waino going deep into games.

Malvingt2

Jeff Passan ‏@JeffPassan
Similar situation in '13 with Marlins. Didn't like Matt Krook MRI. Offered 40% to keep draft pick. He rejected, went to Oregon. Elbow blew.

Macattk15

I think you have to send Appel to Spring Training or shut him down. He has pretty much been permanently scarred. A Ball is too high for him. Member when Harold Reynolds said he would be in the Majors by last July? Yeah.....

Harold Reynolds is an idiot. Just don't listen to anything he has to say and you're good.

And if Price costs Taijuan at this point ... whatever. He hasn't impressed me with anything I have seen in any of his MLB starts. Better not trade DJ Peterson god damnit.

rando14

Could he go to like Japan or some other non affiliated MLB league for a year? Like a independent league?

Hmm that's a good question, I'm not sure what the rules are for going overseas. I don't think he would do that though, he'll probably go to CC and try again next year. But what sucks is that the Astros really damaged his brand by saying that he's injured, good chance he won't go as high, and gives up all the benefits of that as well

Cards move Miller to the bullpen, and will use a 4-man rotation over the next few weeks.

That always turns out well!

Wonder if the "big fish" Passan was talking about is Price. This would make more sense if so

Maybe the bullpen will help Shelby out in figuring out what exactly is wrong with him - he's been one of the worst pitchers in baseball this season.

Supposed the Reds, Giants, Blue Jays, and A's are already interested in Uggla.

Uggla's career numbers in the Giants park are sick, but then again, his career numbers in Turner Field with the Marlins were nuclear as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom