• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT| This Year, We Put Some Mustard on It.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get it. I assume they are going to move Kelly to the pen but Masterson has been a legit abortion clinic dumpster fire.

Justin Mastersons last 3 starts: 13 ER 20 H 10 BB 14 k 2 HBP

9 innings
Either there's another move coming or this is just an attempt to shore up the back end of the rotation (which has been a mess) without breaking the bank prospect-wise.

It's a low risk move with a small chance of a high reward if Masterson is healthy. The ER and H should come down but the walks are scary.

Duda doing great as of late.

GXZat5R.png

eznark

Banned
Either there's another move coming or this is just an attempt to shore up the back end of the rotation (which has been a mess) without breaking the bank prospect-wise.

It's a low risk move with a small chance of a high reward if Masterson is healthy. The ER and H should come down but the walks are scary.

I mean, even if they come down his FIP is higher than Kelly's and about the same as any other guy he'd replace. Plus as I mentioned, you kind of can't pitch him in the playoffs considering almost half of his outings he doesn't make it through 4 anymore.

The one bright side is the high babip, so maybe a friendlier defense will help out.

Also, he is going to destroy the Brewers. Those righty splits. Ugh.

I guess getting a 24 AA year old OF, who will probably end up being an average scrub player at best, is better than getting absolutely nothing at the end of the year.

jbug617

Banned
Joel Sherman says Lester to Orioles is not happening.

Edit: all the national writers are saying it's not even close because O's don't want to deal top prospects

eznark

Banned
What do they care, not like they had any control over where he goes after this season anyway

I guess getting a 24 AA year old OF, who will probably end up being an average scrub player at best, is better than getting absolutely nothing at the end of the year.

He'll probably be better than LaPorta

jakncoke

Banned
lol that was a rough slide by Polanco haha

Joel Sherman says Lester to Orioles is not happening.

Edit: all the national writers are saying it's not even close because O's don't want to deal top prospects

Considering Pirates list of untouchables you probably can put us on that list as well.

edit; sliding in this game = not happening. polanco should of had that but motion basically slowed to a crawl on the wet infield

jbug617

Banned
@JonHeymanCBS: hearing that #mysteryteam may be getting more involved in lester talks

@PeteAbe: #RedSox have shifted AAA RHP Anthony Ranaudo to start on Friday, which would be same day as John Lackey.
The latest

Edit: last tweet was about getting ready in AAA

jakncoke

Banned
lol wow one the announcer derped hardcore. like posey really has a cellphone? but he at the plate and the person with a cell is a fan with a posey jersey on.

edit; so its going to be one of those types of games..

YEPPPPPPP ONE OF THOSE DAYS

Edit; walked in 1, fuck it. call it quits and head to a strip club boys rest up

jakncoke

Banned
Charlie had to keep his double rate of 1 n 2 for hits batsman and there goes the lead.

edit; at least we didnt shit our selve that inning , i mean charlie didnt really

jakncoke

Banned
Was a strange WP there

Jordey!!!!

Bochy a prophet, started the BP just before Tim threw the pitch that gave up a homer

edit; lawl beer destroyed, full beer too. goodbye 10 bucks

jakncoke

Banned
The "Shorebirds" name refers to the marine waterfowl of the Delmarva Peninsula. The team name was chosen by 7 year old Katie Duffy of Newark, Delaware. The team's geographic appellation is a portmanteau derived from the states that govern counties on the peninsula: Delaware, Maryland, and Virginia (abbreviated VA). The Shorebirds have won two South Atlantic League championships, in 1997 and 2000. Also in 1997, the Shorebirds received Baseball America’s Bob Freitas Award for Class A baseball.

Some interesting trivia about the O's A team that the prospect was pitching for

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom