• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT| This Year, We Put Some Mustard on It.

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
This is Billy Beane we're talking about here. He isn't done yet. He'll fill the Cespedes void somehow today.

I mean Cespedes isn't even that great, he's a good player with 1 year left before he hits FA. I guess I'm just shocked to see Billy Beane go all out to try to win a title this year.

BFIB

Morosi reporting the Pirates and Cards were the frontrunners. Makes me think that Beane came in last minute and blew the offers away with offering Cespedes.

I'm really, really glad he wasn't traded to the Cards. My guess is it was Miller, Piscotty, and the Cards competitive pick in return.

Lol sounds like the redsox misplayed the market big time. Asking for the world for a 2 month rental and having to end up settling for a 28 year old OF who can't get on base for shit and has only one year left before free agency?

eznark

Banned
I honestly don't get it for the A's. Doesn't seem worth it at all.

What? He is moving a 29 year old outfielder going into a contract year for a lefty ace. This is a move aimed at winning in the playoffs and it makes them a significantly more difficult team to beat. Plus a Gomez/Reddick platoon will be an improvement.

They were going to trade Cespedes next year anyway, who knows if they will be good. Use your assets while they are useful.

Good move for both teams, Red Sox get to have Cespedes for a year and resign Lester in December.

Sanjuro

Well you've always been jealous of the Yankees, you could just give him $20m and fulfill your wet dreams.

I've never been jealous of the Yankees.

It's just kind of a moot deal overall. Just seems a bit different than most of the moves they have been seeking.

eznark

Banned
I've never been jealous of the Yankees.

It's just kind of a moot deal overall. Just seems a bit different than most of the moves they have been seeking.

Uh you are from Boston. The Defining Characteristic of a Bostonian is deep seeded bitter jealousy over not being born in New York.

Sanjuro

Uh you are from Boston. The Defining Characteristic of a Bostonian is deep seeded bitter jealousy over not being born in New York.

Must have missed my posts then!

I've never been jealous or wished to be a New Yorker (lived there for a year though). I like their franchise and the rivalry, kind of in the same manner of the Montreal Canadiens. So, I'm usually the guy who will chat them up when I see them at visiting and not attempt to shit in their beds.

eznark

Banned
I've never been jealous or wished to be a New Yorker (

images

Dragon

Banned

You were born in Midwest bumfuck. The Defining Characteristic of a Midwest bumfuck is deep seeded racism and homophobia over not being a minority or homosexual.

(I don't really know where you were born but stop eznarking!)

eznark

Banned
You were born in Midwest bumfuck. The Defining Characteristic of a Midwest bumfuck is deep seeded racism and homophobia over not being a minority or homosexual.

(I don't really know where you were born but stop eznarking!)

I don't think that's actually a logical sequence of words.

Nailed the rest though. See, I'm past step 1.

Sanjuro

Want to hear something fucking disgusting? The nearest jesi school to me is called St. Louis. They are the Cardinals. My kids are going to be St. Louis fucking Cardinals.

You should nail a picture of Tony La Russa (mindfart) to the wall on the end of each of their beds. Scared straight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom