• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT| This Year, We Put Some Mustard on It.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BFIB

Lackey to the Cardinals.

Undertaker-lose-Lesnar-Wrestlemania-fan-reaction-12.gif

eznark

Banned
Cardinals were concerned that their hateability quotient had plummeted with neck tats injury so they brought in AJ and the Asshole.

Cardinals were concerned that their hateability quotient had plummeted with neck tats injury so they brought in AJ and the Asshole.

Get your Mickey Mouse shit out of here man.

Oh God someone hold me what the fuck is going on with the Cardinals.

You know I am OK with losing Kelly I guess, but I liked Craig. I mean... he wasn't the greatest out there, but I'm still sad to see him go.

BFIB

Craig and Kelly for Lackey

Almost want to call this a good move

No, its terrible IMO. Craig has had a down year, no doubt. But he's also coming off injury who likely is still having lingering effects that just needs time to heal.

Kelly has the ability to be a decent cost controlled starter.

Terrible trade. I fucking hate the Red Sox.

meh i think the lester deal sucked.
Eh, I think for a 2-month rental getting a very solid MLB starting outfielder through 2015 is OK. Especially when the Red Sox have the worst outfield in baseball and power is becoming more and more scarce on the free-agent market. Also, the Sox system is not flush with power prospects for the near future.

No, its terrible IMO. Craig has had a down year, no doubt. But he's also coming off injury who likely is still having lingering effects that just needs time to heal.

Kelly has the ability to be a decent cost controlled starter.

Terrible trade. I fucking hate the Red Sox.

Kelly is pretty bad and his success in the majors has been based on his obscene LOB%. I think we have better starters in the minors like Gonzales, maybe even Tim Cooney (plus Martinez). But young pitchers are volatile so who knows

Craig is having a down year for sure, but he's seen dips in power each year for the past few seasons which was a troubling trend. At least Taveras has to play now! If the Cards don't have to pay any of his future contract, frees up a lot of money too.

Syrinx

I think with Uehara, the Sox are keeping him since the market for closers among teams with protected draft picks is low. So I think their plan is to either resign him or let him walk to a team that will give them the pick to get him.

Now if a team blows them away with an offer for him, it may be a different story.

Make me wonder wtf is the Phillies waiting for?

The contracts they're trying to unload are insane. Lester is a free agent at the end of the year, and Lackey will be pitching for the league minimum next year. That's a lot easier to sell to other teams $20m/yr for Howard or Hamels or Papelbon (though, I guess, Papelbon is a bargain at $15m/year).

Also, Amaro is kind of dumb, and doesn't have a clue what he's doing.

Sanjuro

What's he going to do, hold out?

I think so, yeah. Not going to get max value in most situations, but the team might meet him in the middle or adjust that year into a new multi-year extension.

Leaving a workhorse to linger seems a bit counter productive.

jakncoke

Banned
See if Pirates get anything before the deadline, its 4 eastern right?

We really could use at the very least some sort of SP and BP help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom