• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT| This Year, We Put Some Mustard on It.

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
http://mlb.si.com/2014/03/23/don-mattingly-upset-with-yasiel-puig-australia/

After the game, Puig reportedly told Dodgers trainers that his back was tight. Mattingly, for his part, seemed unaware as to how hurt Puig really was.

arFutRS.png

Well he did go i think 3-4 with a double and 2 rbi's just some boneheaded baserunning plays, but Dee should have made a biggerturn to home to force the throw.

Anyways, Ryu was on point. Bullpen is what gave up almost all the runs but 1 i believe.
Thanks for the updates. I hope RYU doesn't fall into the sophomore slump too

Sanjuro

I'm more of a baseball-reference guy.

Also, I'll always love Bobby V. for winning us a World Series and giving us the best gifs in the world.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Here's to another fun Astros sesaon.

/plays The Jefferson's theme

What is your goal for the MLB team this year? Do you have a specific W# in mind? Do you want them to keep tanking for picks or make progress up the win curve?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I think the Astros will win a few more but will still field a quad A team and trade anyone who stands out but isn't in their future plan for more picks. Next year will be the year of some serious growth.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
What is your goal for the MLB team this year? Do you have a specific W# in mind? Do you want them to keep tanking for picks or make progress up the win curve?

I'm expecting them to be at least slightly better than last year, at the very least not lose 100+ games, but probably close to it. 67-95 (maybe). And like Man God already said, flip the pieces that aren't in their long term plans for more prospects.

Springer will probably be called up in the summer sometime once they (hopefully) get that contract situation worked out, and Singleton will be a late season call up to get some major league at bats. Dunno what they're gonna do with Appel yet, I hope they don't rush him, they're still building so there's no need.

They'll pick Rodon with the #1 pick and if he signs, probably looking at a Appel/Rodon 1-2 Punch in 2016.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Byron Buxton is almost here, son. Great time to be a Twins fan.
He's at minimum a year away. A year where the team has no offense, a still terrible pitching staff, no Sano, and we'll have to listen to non-stop fellatio of Derek Jeter. The Twins have a bright future but 2014 is going to suck.

I'm buying a new house. Closing Monday morning a week from today. By the time the Royals come on, I hope to have drop cloths spread out, painting some rooms while listening to it on a boom box with the windows open. Ah, spring.

Lourde played Saturday night in KC and George Brett sent her an autographed jersey, haha.

LordeRoyals.jpg

For those unaware of the context, she wrote "Royals" because she saw this picture in an old National Geographic:

o-GEORGE-BRETT-NATIONAL-GEOGRAPHIC-570.jpg

It's been a tradition to play "Friends in Low Places" after the 7th inning stretch at the K since the late 90's. That's changing this year (much to everyone's delight) and it's all but certain what the new song will be. Hell, the slogan for the year is "Be Royal".

aFIGurANT

I am getting sick of guys like Gammons and Heyman being mouth pieces for agents.

Gammons is a good baseball mind but Heyman strikes me as a pure schill-machine. Ugh.

Also: The Tigers picked up Alex Gonzalez from BAL for recently acquired Steve Lombardozzi. Off to fangraphs to figure out why Lombardozzi couldn't have done the job just as well.

EDIT: Apparently Lombardozzi has played all of 18 innings at SS a few years ago. I thought he was a lot better of a fielder than he apparently is....

Lourde played Saturday night in KC and George Brett sent her an autographed jersey, haha.

LordeRoyals.jpg

For those unaware of the context, she wrote "Royals" because she saw this picture in an old National Geographic:

o-GEORGE-BRETT-NATIONAL-GEOGRAPHIC-570.jpg

It's been a tradition to play "Friends in Low Places" after the 7th inning stretch at the K since the late 90's. That's changing this year (much to everyone's delight) and it's all but certain what the new song will be. Hell, the slogan for the year is "Be Royal".

Other than the fact that it has the word Royal in it, isn't that song like, not a good choice for playing at a baseball game? It's like Ronald Reagan using Born in the USA as a campaign song.

Other than the fact that it has the word Royal in it, isn't that song like, not a good choice for playing at a baseball game? It's like Ronald Reagan using Born in the USA as a campaign song.

Yeah, kind of, lol. BUT... people around here are eternally starved for any non-local attention of any kind, so it's tough not to be delighted to hear that the overplayed pop song of last year was inspired in a really tangential way by the Royals. And again, they've been playing Garth Brooks for the last 15 years as a stupid, self deprecating joke that got old long ago. It'll be no worse than that, but kind of the same idea... that kind of lux just ain't for us.

Short answer, yeah, it kind of sucks.

BFIB

Dice-K struck out the Cards in the top of the first. What is this sorcery!?

Piscotty also starting again today. I think Jay may even be pushed out of that 4th OF role.

Doogdogg

Spring training has gone too long. Oh why did they had to start the season prematurely and back to spring training? Dodgers are looking good.

and seriously the Tigers need to stop dancing the wire and sign Drew already.

Loco4Coco

Didn't even realize how good of a ST Chris Young has had. Hopefully it'll carry over to the regular season.
it won't

The White Sox have agreed with Jose Quintana to a 5-year, $26.5 million extension.

Tigers have acquired Alex Gonzalez from the Orioles in exchange for Steve Lombardozzi.

Jose Reyes is going in for an MRI on his injured hamstring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom