• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT| This Year, We Put Some Mustard on It.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjuro

Speculation running around that the Braves have made some kind of trade for a pitcher, so they dumped Garcia.

Back in the majors, Derek?

MchbnUC.gif

Mark Bowman

A lot of unhappy veterans in the Braves clubhouse right now. Garcia could have at least provided depth for a month or two. No one can really make sense of this move. No one can even say it was financial because he was only going to make $1.5 million. Looks like they are going with Gus Schlosser as the #5 man.

Dave O'Brien

They just lost 40% of their starting rotation for the season and cut a guy making $1.5 million? I just don't get this one folks. Garcia said, "They said they didn't want to pick me up" and abruptly left. Garcia's stuff isn't great, but it wasn't last year either when he still pitched well enough for them to re-sign him.

Lourde played Saturday night in KC and George Brett sent her an autographed jersey, haha.

LordeRoyals.jpg

For those unaware of the context, she wrote "Royals" because she saw this picture in an old National Geographic:

o-GEORGE-BRETT-NATIONAL-GEOGRAPHIC-570.jpg

It's been a tradition to play "Friends in Low Places" after the 7th inning stretch at the K since the late 90's. That's changing this year (much to everyone's delight) and it's all but certain what the new song will be. Hell, the slogan for the year is "Be Royal".
Glad she was finally able to get that autorgraph and memorabilia after all these years. Must've been tough.

For whatever reason, this news made me wonder what Tommy Hanson was up to with the Rangers so I looked us his spring stats.

Yikes. He's so done.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
TELL ME THE CURSE ISN'T REAL. TELL ME ITS "OVERBLOWN"

:(
Well I also picked the Rays to win their division. All they've got is one little PED suspension.

And so what if I picked the Tigers for the ALC and they don't have a shortstop anymore?

Enron

Banned
Frank Wren was just on with Chuck and Chernoff on 680 the Fan and they asked him about plans for the rotation, via trade or an eye on a likely cut still in someone elses camp and they busted him not being able to keep a straight face, so he's got something brewing.

I immediately thought "oh no I hope its not Aaron Haraang"

Then Mark Bowman says "Braves interested in Haraang"

:(

Malvingt2

Honestly, I don't get this move from the Braves. I don't see Aaron Harang as an upgrade.
I know he did well in the spring but still.

Macattk15

M's just released Scott Baker.

He did look like utter fucking shit this Spring.

12 IP, 12 H/9, 7 BB, 3 HBP and 1 K ... that is literal garbage.

GL Baker.

Harang? Good lord. Wren is two steps away from calling up Clemens at this rate. At least he'd perform better than Harang.

Poor bastards.

Almost bad as Flyers fans (like myself) being subjected to fucking Fallout Boy every time they score.

God.

Knowing nothing about the Flyers...Dance Dance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom