• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT2| - Derek Jeter Appreciation Thread

JDeluis

Only person that won here is the guy in the front seats hitting on the two party girls.

Edit: And now they decide to bring in Justin Turner. Great timing. :rolleyes:

The Dodgers bullpen is fucking atrocious

Mattingly fucked up the coaching yet again. Shouldn't have pulled Haren when he did. Shouldn't have pulled Howell so soon.

Blearth

Banned
Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!
Staying alive, staying alive

Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!
Staying alive, staying alive

STAYING ALIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!!!!!!!!!!!

The man can't help himself. Somebody needs to spear him before he makes it out of the dugout.
You bad Harry
E:
Something like this?

tumblr_n2i2ghVzd11rfw7flo1_400.gif

mattingly is an idiot

he should be coaching some irrelevant team like the indians

taking out hanley for rojas added nothing to the game

Welp, we're so close we can taste it. After 29 years, the Royals may actually enter the playoffs again. It's the longest active playoff drought not just in the MLB, but also in the NFL, NBA, NHL and MLS. Literally every team in all five pro sports has either been to the playoffs or has come into existence since the Royals last saw the postseason in 1985.

I hope this is finally real.

Askani

Welp, we're so close we can taste it. After 29 years, the Royals may actually enter the playoffs again. It's the longest active playoff drought not just in the MLB, but also in the NFL, NBA, NHL and MLS. Literally every team in all five pro sports has either been to the playoffs or has come into existence since the Royals last saw the postseason in 1985.

My morning routine when I first get to work is the "Percent Dance" between websites:

88% from Baseball Prospectus
92% from FanGraphs
75% from SportsClubStats

Still hard to believe that we're really on a target to make it.

While not realistic that it will actually happen, to say we still have a 25% shot at the division is blowing my mind.

EDIT :::::

Oh...SportsClubStats is wrong. They gave us a win and two losses last night. They also gave Cleveland two wins and one loss. No wonder it's so much lower.

jakncoke

Banned
My morning routine when I first get to work is the "Percent Dance" between websites:

88% from Baseball Prospectus
92% from FanGraphs
75% from SportsClubStats

Still hard to believe that we're really on a target to make it.

While not realistic that it will actually happen, to say we still have a 25% shot at the division is blowing my mind.

EDIT :::::

Oh...SportsClubStats is wrong. They gave us a win and two losses last night. They also gave Cleveland two wins and one loss. No wonder it's so much lower.

chuckled at that , but congrats bros if you complete it. Will the Blue Jays be the next in line in playoff droughts?

BFIB

So the clubhouse cancer AJ Pierzynski bought Waino a bottle of Dom for his 20th win.

The bottle was from 2003. What a cheap ass.

Askani

I don't watch wrestling anymore, but that match was awesome. I can't remember when it's from.

Wrestlemania 17. TLC match with The Hardy Boys, The Dudleys, and Christian/Edge.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1...an-vs-the-dudley-boyz-vs-the-hardy-boyz_sport

What's the reason behind the blurs? that cant be WWF logos.

Long story short: there was a lawsuit with WWF (World Wide Fund). They couldn't show the "scratch" logo on replays and junk and is why they changed to the WWE. Just recently settled so they can show their old logos again on replays and on the WWE Network.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Fell asleep last night before the game was over the woke up as the giants won it in the late night encore game. Man that got me confused lol.

aFIGurANT

I would love to see a Lester v. Scherzer matchup in the wildcard so please do well!

jakncoke

Banned
Apparently we clinched on the 23rd last year. So could be another magical day if we win and Brewers lose

Cole stuff and location are all off tonight fucking hell.

Yep going to be one of those type of games

lol simmons 25th dp of the year

Indians aren't mathematically eliminated yet, but they pretty much are. I'd almost rather see KC win the rest of the series so they can win the division over the Tigers.

RBH

Since the Braves decided to light their collective penis on fire, I've decided to root for Kansas City and Oakland the rest of the way.

Top Bottom