• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT2| - Derek Jeter Appreciation Thread

Doomsayer

Other than that home run Grienke has been fantastic.

Let's get a few insurance runs and close this out.

This has been a great game.

Reading an article about the game last night and saw this.
Didnt notice that last night. Yall have a great manager there lol.

Mattingly micromanages like its nobodies business.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Reading an article about the game last night and saw this.

Meanwhile, you had to peer deep into Don Mattingly’s mind to make sense of his double-switches. At one point, he took out shortstop Hanley Ramirez and double-switched with the pitcher’s spot, which was due up first in the 11th. Then he pinch-hit Joc Pederson anyway.

Didnt notice that last night. Yall have a great manager there lol.

glad greinke kept it together... great game by him. dodgers offense... ugh. homeruns are great and all but I'm not happy about them being unable to put anybody on base, let alone move them around the bases.

jakncoke

Banned
I still don't quite believe it. Our pitching looked pretty dire not to long ago, and even when the starting pitching took a turn for the better, our bullpen was beyond horse shit... and yet, it's a strength now? I was ready to lead the mob for Neal Huntington not doing shit to improve our team in the off season, trade deadline and waiver deadline.....

Edit: Fuck yeah Cubs!

It helps that we are the midst of terrible teams and teams that checked out of the season, speaking of Neil. You see his quote he wont just give in to letting Russell Martin go in the offseason? Makes me wonder how much we're going to offer. His coming back is pretty vital to any hopes of postseason next year unless we can find some other FA that can extra strikes and throw out nearly 40% base runners

Grats, dude. Your club is pretty ruthless down the stretch. Fucking Worley/Volquez/Morton/Liriano/peoplenotnamedCole.

hehhehehe

eznark

Banned
So apparently the Braves have offered the GM position to John Hart. Hart has pulled a 180 and is now considering taking it.

What a shocking development. Why did they attempt the "search committee" charade in the first place? Does MLB have a Rooney Rule?

SadOccasionalBarnswallow.gif

LX7zAje.jpg

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Phil Hughes ends the season with 16 wins and 16 walks, and a K/BB ratio of 11.63 which is an MLB record.

He also finishes the season one out short of 210 IP, missing a $500k bonus, because of a one hour rain delay. Hopefully the Twins either just give him the money or they let him get an out in Detroit this weekend.

Lubricus

The problem is the Braves have nothing to trade except some pitching and not a lot of money to spend.
I only watched a few games in August and September.
Right now the Hawks and Braves will be in rebuilding mode for the next few years. I have a feeling the Falcons will be joining them soon.

aFIGurANT

The problem is the Braves have nothing to trade except some pitching and not a lot of money to spend.
Right now the Hawks and Braves will be in rebuilding mode for the next few years. I have a feeling the Falcons will be joining them soon.

Whatever, dat 28 fantasy points from the D/ST position means you're good.

aFIGurANT

STL took the season series vs. Pitt right? I just had the horrible picture of a goddamn tie in baseball go through my head.

Meanwhile Baez looks terrible at the plate. 90 Ks already.

John Schuerholz said this was the main reason Frank Wren was fired and would have been fired even if the Braves made the playoffs. He said the organization was very unhappy with his recent drafting and development abilities.

aFIGurANT

Season series doesn't matter - they'd have a 1 game playoff for the division.
Dang. Well that would be bad for everyone involved. Blowing through your pen in back to back games before a rumble with the Nats would suck, although technically I heard today that losing your ace(s) before a series probably hurts more philosophically than statistically. Sam Miller and Ben Lindbergh came up with like a 5% disadvantage.

2 RBI triple by Arrieta. Really? Thank god the Braves woke up or this would be looking dicey.

Top Bottom