• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT2| - Derek Jeter Appreciation Thread

jbmDZAmx2YPCgs_e.jpg
jbmDZAmx2YPCgs_e.jpg
jbmDZAmx2YPCgs_e.jpg

Meier

Too good. I was a little surprised they were sending him out for the 8th since he'd thrown a decent number of pitches. No biggie, just 2 more K's.

Fox318

Hope they get the game in today.

I remember Paul O'neill's retirement being the most emotional I've seen followed by Mo but the Jeter one has been so overplayed and money hungry.

Gonna be weird not seeing him at SS

eznark

Banned
I think I have been to 18 Brewers - Reds games in GAB. That was the third victory I have seen. It seemed nuts til I just saw that we haven't won a series there since 2006. BLAH

I'm a semi-casual baseball fan but I'm stunned at Kershaw. He's just unbelievable.

Look at these numbers (not that you all don't know them already but fuck it):

21-3
1.77 era (wtf?)
0.86 whip (wtf?)
239 Ks in 198 IP

That ERA & WHIP is what a top flight closer would get yet he's a starting pitcher. Unbelievable.

alstein

I'm a semi-casual baseball fan but I'm stunned at Kershaw. He's just unbelievable.

Look at these numbers (not that you all don't know them already but fuck it):

21-3
1.77 era (wtf?)
0.86 whip (wtf?)
239 Ks in 198 IP

That ERA & WHIP is what a top flight closer would get yet he's a starting pitcher. Unbelievable.

Those numbers are on par with Maddux at his peak, though Kershaw has a better era to pitch in, and a better offense behind him.

I'm glad we won't have to have the playoffs tainted by endless Jeter talk.

I think I have been to 18 Brewers - Reds games in GAB. That was the third victory I have seen. It seemed nuts til I just saw that we haven't won a series there since 2006. BLAH

Are you serious? They've been better than the Reds for like 8 of the last 10 years, wouldn't have bet money on that.

Top Bottom