• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT2| - Derek Jeter Appreciation Thread

STL took the season series vs. Pitt right? I just had the horrible picture of a goddamn tie in baseball go through my head.

Meanwhile Baez looks terrible at the plate. 90 Ks already.

In the new collective bargaining agreement, it changed to where even if both teams are guaranteed playoff spots, they still have to play a tiebreaker game. You'd think 19 games would be enough, but I guess not.

STL took the season series vs. Pitt right? I just had the horrible picture of a goddamn tie in baseball go through my head.

Meanwhile Baez looks terrible at the plate. 90 Ks already.
Baez will be fine. Not worried.
And Arrieta is an ace. Need to lock him up before he gets too pricey.

aFIGurANT

In the new collective bargaining agreement, it changed to where even if both teams are guaranteed playoff spots, they still have to play a tiebreaker game. You'd think 19 games would be enough, but I guess not.
Yeah I should have remembered from last year but it slipped my mind. I agree that it reeks of a cash grab but whatever. The odds are it won't happen but I don't like that it could.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Wow. I'm on mobile right now but I just saw the clip of ROTY Billy Hamilton robbing Braun. It's one hell of a catch check it out.

He did sustain a mild concussion though.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
1. When a player walks, he is shot to first base out of a t-shirt cannon.

2. Wild dogs chase fielders to their positions between innings.

3. Pitching changes are made from the dugout by pushing a button that ejects the pitcher from the mound directly into the upper deck.

4. No more second base. Just cut across the diamond and go right to third.

5. Foul tips caught by the catcher on a third strike now cost a team two outs instead of one.

6. Relief pitchers are no longer allowed.

7. No sixth inning on Tuesdays.

8. If you pinch-hit, the pinch hitter only gets one strike instead of three.

9. No more snack breaks on the mound, Bartolo Colon.

10. 7th-inning stretch is now just the 7th-inning yawn-and-get-back-to-the-game.
http://www.fangraphs.com/not/ways-to-make-baseball-games-shorter/

zulux21

Damn it White Sox, we need your help on this! Now we HAVE to beat the Tribe tonight.

don't worry, the white sox will be there to put up a fight against KC because that is just how they roll.
at least you don't have to face Sale.

McCutchen MVP again?

it will likely depend on what kershaw does today as if he has another lights out night he could push himself into the MVP despite being a pitcher and despite missing a few games given how crazy his numbers are in general.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
What a wasted opportunity...
cX33NO6.jpg

JDeluis

Dodgers keep forgetting they're in Dodgers Stadium and not Wrigley Field. Gonzalez needs to stop hitting fly balls. The whole team needs to keep the ball down.

Top Bottom