• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT2| - Derek Jeter Appreciation Thread

Chris R

Why weren't these crowds here a month ago?!?!

These guys have been outplaying their potential all season. They've deserved this love all year.

It's cool to show up to the first and last games of the season. They just need to advertise the other games as "Last games of the season!
at home against this team
" to dupe the people just wanting to look cool into showing up.

It's cool to show up to the first and last games of the season. They just need to advertise the other games as "Last games of the season!
at home against this team
" to dupe the people just wanting to look cool into showing up.

I know that. But no one outside the crazy ass diehards like myself have been supporting this team in Seattle. The Hawks winning the Super Bowl sure didn't help things.

I'm glad the people are there tonight. I just wish they came out over the summer and cheered them on.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Lol at the Philly fans mocking Kimbrel.

phails2.gif

phails.gif

huhuhuh Solid Wood huhuhuh

Chris R

I know that. But no one outside the crazy ass diehards like myself have been supporting this team in Seattle. The Hawks winning the Super Bowl sure didn't help things.

I'm glad the people are there tonight. I just wish they came out over the summer and cheered them on.

Don't know :( So easy to get to the stadium with the light rail, ticket prices extremely reasonable. Only thing that is a bummer are food/drink prices inside the stadium. If I lived in Seattle I'd buy a half or quarter season ticket package. Hope to be able to fly down for more games next year, the three I was at this year were a blast even if they only won once.

I ended up going to 15 games this year, but probably watched at least part of every other game on TV or listened on the radio. Having a kid makes it hard to go all the time, but I did my part.

Now hit the damn ball guys!!

Don't bring in Rodney please.

JDHarbs

Verlander: "I don't think you're going to see us go out and celebrate and get hammered and come in tomorrow not ready to play."

Coming from someone whose team just got crushed by the Twins. You on my list JV.

zulux21

bases loaded
no one out...
can Seattle screw this up lol

... strike out and then double play?

LOL catcher just saved the game.

zulux21

also wouldn't it be in the angel's best interest to lose this game?
they have home field locked up and their first opponent will be the wild card winner, thus increasing the chances that the wild card participants have to play more games is a good thing for them no?

zulux21

Fuck Austin Jackson and fuck this umpire for basically calling 2 balls as strikes.

the calls were fine, if they didn't actually cross the plate at some point they just barely missed. and I don't see any reason to be mad at jackson... at least he put the ball into play deep enough that could have scored a run if there wasn't two outs, unlike the two guys that struck out before him.

Macattk15

the calls were fine, if they didn't actually cross the plate at some point they just barely missed. and I don't see any reason to be mad at jackson... at least he put the ball into play deep enough that could have scored a run if there wasn't two outs, unlike the two guys that struck out before him.

Jackson has done absolutely NOTHING for the Mariners at the plate since coming over besides K ... seriously. Look at his numbers. He has fucking sucked.

.229/.265/.262 ..... 11 BB to 57 K's ... fucking TRASH. Take his ass back.

zulux21

Jackson has done absolutely NOTHING for the Mariners at the plate since coming over besides K ... seriously. Look at his numbers. He has fucking sucked.

.229/.265/.262 ..... 11 BB to 57 K's ... fucking TRASH.

I wasn't saying in general he hasn't been bad for you, but he is the wrong person to be really mad at in that situation, he should have never been up to bat, the people before him should have gotten the job done.

I am feeling that seattle will plate a run this inning though.

Macattk15

I wasn't saying in general he hasn't been bad for you, but he is the wrong person to be really mad at in that situation, he should have never been up to bat, the people before him should have gotten the job done.

I am feeling that seattle will plate a run this inning though.

Oh I agree. Fuck Brad Miller harder.

Top Bottom