• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT2| - Derek Jeter Appreciation Thread

So perfect scenario after Sunday night:

Det/KC tie atop AL Central
Stl/Pit tie atop NL Central
Oak/Sea tie Wild Card spot

LET'S MAKE IT HAPPEN

Bad day for the fanatic.

4 teamer parlay
Dodgers W
White Sox W
Rangers W
Last team I needed. Astros. :( more salt to wound lost it in bottom of 9th

So I went to an A's game in mid August, bought one of those neon looking hats, and since then they've been shit. I guess by coincidence it affected my Braves too, because their season went done the toilet at the same time. Feels bad.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Now time to grow that hair out

2flnJ1n.jpg

Bye Jeets. I doubt we will ever see a player so incredibly overrated by the media ever again.

what does that even mean overrated? do they rate him too much? do they talk about him too much? imagine that, the writers like writing about a guy who didn't shoot up drugs, shoot people, fuck people over over (that we know) you're not smart by saying that. and you're dumb by saying he's not a good baseball player. by nearly every metric he's good. better than good.

That was a nifty play by Harrison.

what does that even mean overrated? do they rate him too much? do they talk about him too much? imagine that, the writers like writing about a guy who didn't shoot up drugs, shoot people, fuck people over over (that we know) you're not smart by saying that. and you're dumb by saying he's not a good baseball player. by nearly every metric he's good. better than good.
The guy can be good and still be overrated. Relax.

That applies to like 90% of the league, only those guys aren't "True Yankees!!!" like Jeter so they are largely ignored. Jeter was a very good player, and deserves credit for playing as long as he did and accumulating HoF stats, but the media vastly overrated him over the years because he fit their easy narrative.

Top Bottom