• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT2| - Derek Jeter Appreciation Thread

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
There's a difference between being respectfully portrayed as a great baseball player (which he is) and being the reincarnation of Jesus Christ (which is how he's talked about).

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
There's a difference between being respectfully portrayed as a great baseball player (which he is) and being the reincarnation of Jesus Christ (which is how he's talked about).
Well jeter did die, did you not see those patches?

B.J. Upton's 173 strikeouts is now the Braves franchise record for most strikeouts in a season, breaking Dan Uggla's mark of 171 set in 2013. Justin Upton also tied Uggla's previous record with his 171st strikeout yesterday. Neither Upton were in the lineup today.

B.J. Upton's 173 strikeouts is now the franchise record for most strikeouts in a season, breaking Dan Uggla's mark of 171 set in 2013. Justin Upton also tied Uggla's previous record with his 171st strikeout yesterday. Neither Upton were in the lineup today.
Hahahahahahahahahaaha sorry brah.m

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
B.J. Upton's 173 strikeouts is now the Braves franchise record for most strikeouts in a season, breaking Dan Uggla's mark of 171 set in 2013. Justin Upton also tied Uggla's previous record with his 171st strikeout yesterday. Neither Upton were in the lineup today.
Strikeouts have been at an all time high the last few years.

BFIB

Sitting here rooting for Cueto. Fucking Cards pathetic display yesterday making me root for the player I hate most in the game.

That was a nifty play by Harrison.

The guy can be good and still be overrated. Relax.

i'll relax when people use a better argument than "overrated" this applies to everything. it's intellectually lazy.

That applies to like 90% of the league, only those guys aren't "True Yankees!!!" like Jeter so they are largely ignored. Jeter was a very good player, and deserves credit for playing as long as he did and accumulating HoF stats, but the media vastly overrated him over the years because he fit their easy narrative.

and what narrative was that?

As far as I'm concerned Jeter retired when he stopped rocking the fade.

he went bald. but yes, fade Jeter best Jeter.

Top Bottom