• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT2| - Derek Jeter Appreciation Thread

cashman

Banned
what does that even mean overrated? do they rate him too much? do they talk about him too much? imagine that, the writers like writing about a guy who didn't shoot up drugs, shoot people, fuck people over over (that we know) you're not smart by saying that. and you're dumb by saying he's not a good baseball player. by nearly every metric he's good. better than good.

Yeah better than good, great. But not OMGBESTBASEBALLPLAYEREVA that people who don't really follow baseball and only keep up with the yankees like to say.

you mean one of the best shortstops of all time? its a shame you arent a baseball fan. its a good game.

Sure, but his reputation is way overblown when compared to guys like Baggwell, Ripken, Griffey, Maddux, Randy Johnson, A rod, Pedro, or Glavine.

JDHarbs

Twins gave us a gift yesterday and we failed to take advantage of it. We still took this race down to the wire though. Amazing season. We'll see Oakland or Seattle in the Wild Card. Prepare to enter an electric stadium on Tuesday.

Yeah better than good, great. But not OMGBESTBASEBALLPLAYEREVA that people who don't really follow baseball and only keep up with the yankees like to say.

Sure, but his reputation is way overblown when compared to guys like Baggwell, Ripken, Griffey, Maddux, Randy Johnson, A rod, Pedro, or Glavine.

nobody is comparing him to them.
period. full stop. nobody has done that. not baseball savvy people, not casuals.

has a couple of albums and everything. I think he really is my favorite Yankee.

That performance was fucking terrible. Should of done it with an electric guitar. I hate how The Yankees and the media have disrespected Bernie though. It's like he's an after thought. Bernie never switched sides, unlike Andy.

That performance was fucking terrible. Should of done it with an electric guitar. I hate how The Yankees and the media have disrespected Bernie though. It's like he's an after thought. Bernie never switched sides, unlike Andy.

I thought it was very nice, love acoustic. but yeah Bernie has been dissed.
and look at that, typical Yankee/Red Sox outing.

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
Not trying to be a downer, but didn't they say the same thing the last time they made playoffs with over 100 wins, only to get eliminated in the division series

I think that team was just happy to be there. This one fights every time they're behind in a game. Ask Giants or Dodgers fans. They know how to win and finished exponentially harder than in 2012.

Choomp

Banned
Damn, Game 162 crazy as always. I was at the Mets game and it was probably the happiest I was at a baseball game. Abreu had a really nice moment, and I'm really pumped for Lucas Duda on his 30th with his last AB. Hopefully the feeling from the end of this season goes into the off-season and next season.

Really excited for the offseason. Cheering for play-in games as usual.

Damn, Game 162 crazy as always. I was at the Mets game and it was probably the happiest I was at a baseball game. Abreu had a really nice moment, and I'm really pumped for Lucas Duda on his 30th with his last AB. Hopefully the feeling from the end of this season goes into the off-season and next season.

Really excited for the offseason. Cheering for play-in games as usual.

lol i was at the game also! crowd was into the game today. nice buzz around the team for next year, cant wait! also i found a casey stengel bobblehead outside after the game woohoo!!

McNei1y

Omg what a day what a finish to the season what a momentum builder. Ahhhh now I gotta wait until friday! I really hope the game is at least at 4 so I don't have to take off work to attend. 7 would be best.

Dammit I love baseball

yNSFGaG.png

cashman

Banned
Texas Rangers are the worst. Can't win games that matter.

1 strike away from a WS victory. Can't win. Need to beat the A's. Can't win.

Team sucks.

Yeah they've beaten the A's in 5 out of 7 games as one of the worst teams in baseball. Blame the Mariners for wasting the career of an all time great

#FREEHERNANDEZ

Macattk15

Yeah they've beaten the A's in 5 out of 7 games as one of the worst teams in baseball. Blame the Mariners for wasting the career of an all time great

#FREEHERNANDEZ

Hey. He could join the Rangers and feel the exact same thing he has felt on the Mariners.

#SHITTYRANGERS

Top Bottom