• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT2| - Derek Jeter Appreciation Thread

Macattk15

Hope the Blue Jays fans at the Safe have enjoyed their time.

Series win .... AND they get Iwakuma tomorrow.

83414962.gif

25 Blue Jays walk into a bar, because they’re really disappointed in themselves

— Jeff Sullivan (@based_ball) August 13, 2014

Hope the Blue Jays fans at the Safe have enjoyed their time.

Series win .... AND they get Iwakuma tomorrow.

83414962.gif

25 Blue Jays walk into a bar, because they’re really disappointed in themselves

— Jeff Sullivan (@based_ball) August 13, 2014

Suck it so much, silly Jays fans from BC.

Mariner's home game looks like it's being played in Toronto.

They always do this and it drives me insane.

Suck. It.

That Angels game gave Dan Haren his mojo back.

I still don't trust that man.
h1AlflT.jpg

Four people dressed up in pea uniforms at the San Fran game tonight

qiKbSqm.jpg

The backs say Posey, Pence, Panda, and Pagan in that order
Things have gotten so bad in San Francisco that Giants fans have resorted to dressing up as vegetables for entertainment.

cashman

Banned
Rangers are shitty so I'm just gonna post minor league news

@BenBadler
Follow

Only two teenagers in baseball have at least 20 home runs this year. Both are Rangers. Travis Demeritte, Nomar Mazara.

Parch

It's been smoke and mirrors for the Blue Jays. They've got some decent at bats from their AAA guys and that's kept them in the race with other teams who haven't dominated either. No major injuries to pitchers have also helped. Lose a couple of SP and this team is really screwed.

Get 100% healthy, stay 100% healthy, and keep getting surprise production from the role players. That is the only hope for the Blue Jays to make the playoffs.

Looking forward to see our garbage team hand Jose Quintana another no decision tonight.
On the which sox reliever blows it tonight-wheel of fortune my money is on Lindstrom. Just back from the DL, he's due.

Oh and Gordon Beckham should be released yesterday.

edit: White Sox baseball over the last 9 years made me cynical and bitter, still I can't get away from this fucking team.

Very impressed with Bauer. Great command today.
Still, it's the D-Backs, but this is very encouraging, considering we got nothing after Kluber in this rotation.

zulux21

this new lane blocking rule is still utter bullshit at home...
a runner who was gunned down by 8 feet and then was tagged out well in front of the plate should not be called safe :/

joc has also been playing some left recently.. which i thought was more telling since there was a big hole there

crawford has been starting to hit though

this new lane blocking rule is still utter bullshit at home...
a runner who was gunned down by 8 feet and then was tagged out well in front of the plate should not be called safe :/
They need to change the rules pronto. Some calls have been straight up embarrassing.

zulux21

Didn't watch. Games on way to early for the west coast.

horrible call at the plate plus 10 minute debate resulting in not only a run but the white sox pitcher losing his rhythm which gave the giants the opening to get some runs. without that call they likely would have gotten out of the 7th without any runs (as the whites sox got to 2 outs without the giants scoring again, meanwhile if the call hadn't been overturned it would have been 3) and at the very least peavy wouldn't have gotten a win since he was already taken out of the game.

it wouldn't be so annoying if it wasn't basically the same exact situation last night and the white sox didn't get a run from it... if you are going to have a stupid rule at least be consistent .

The Wrath of Tommy John has struck the Los Angeles Dodgers.

Los Angeles Dodgers
‏@Dodgers
Stephen Fife will undergo ulnar collateral ligament (Tommy John) surgery, to be performed by Dr. Neal ElAttrache in Los Angeles today.
Poor Fifedawg.

h1AlflT.jpg

Four people dressed up in pea uniforms at the San Fran game tonight

qiKbSqm.jpg

The backs say Posey, Pence, Panda, and Pagan in that order
Add Panik to the party, the killer peas in full effect today:
7th J Panik grounded into fielder's choice to first, G Blanco scored, A Duvall to second. 1-1
7th A Pagan singled to left, A Duvall and J Panik scored, J Arias to second. 1-3
7th H Pence singled to center, J Arias scored, A Pagan to second. 1-4
7th B Posey singled to left, A Pagan scored, H Pence to second. 1-5
7th Panda safe at third on error by right fielder A Dunn, H Pence and B Posey scored. 1-7

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
@AshMarshallMLB said:
Buxton is still down in right-center field and there are about 10 people huddled around him, including trainers and paramedics.

@MiLB said:
#MNTwins top prospect @OfficialBuck103 being taken by stretcher to a waiting ambulance following an outfield collision in @RockCats debut.
Hahahaha. I fucking hate baseball.

Top Bottom