• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT2| - Derek Jeter Appreciation Thread

UraMallas

Morales getting it going! Air dicks for everybody!

c0dWZSa.gif

My boys are arguing about Dickey and whether or not they should bother supporting the Jays (because they always lose).

Oh, they're 6 and 4 years old.

Best pitching staff in the American League.

Mariners! Mari- oh wait, what were you talking about?

My boys are arguing about Dickey and whether or not they should bother supporting the Jays (because they always lose).

Meh. I've been a hardcore Ms fan since I was four (1985). You stick with your team no matter what. I should know.

Teach your boys the importance of loyalty. :)

Macattk15

Mariners! Mari- oh wait, what were you talking about?

Meh. I've been a hardcore Ms fan since I was four (1985). You stick with your team no matter what. I should know.

Teach your boys the importance of loyalty. :)

If he said best staff in the American League he HAD to be talking about the Mariners.

And yeah ... I've been a fan of the M's since 1990 .... don't even and have never lived on the West Coast. I WILL LOVE THEM TILL I DIE.

UraMallas

Morales is eating.

And yeah ... I've been a fan of the M's since 1990 .... don't even and have never lived on the West Coast. I WILL LOVE THEM TILL I DIE.

Ditto. Same year, even. Started watching Griffey here in Iowa and when he left the team for the Reds I was heartbroken... but I stayed put.

Julio Urias update:

4 ip 0 er 5 h 1 bb 6 k

Lowered his era to 2.78 and his k/bb ratio got better. His command wasn't as great today as it usually is.

I feel so sorry for Jays fans who weren't alive/following the team 20+ years ago. I got into baseball just in time to see them win the ALE four times in five years, culminating in '92-'93. Now you have multiple generations of kids who only know the Jays as a mediocre also-ran. It's kind of mind-boggling that they haven't somehow lucked into even a wildcard spot in two decades.

zroid

Banned
I feel so sorry for Jays fans who weren't alive/following the team 20+ years ago. I got into baseball just in time to see them win the ALE four times in five years, culminating in '92-'93. Now you have multiple generations of kids who only know the Jays as a mediocre also-ran. It's kind of mind-boggling that they haven't somehow lucked into even a wildcard spot in two decades.

I'm old enough to hear stories from my parents about me watching the Blue Jays back then, but not old enough to remember it myself. :(

Apparently I could name much of the roster when I was 4-5 yo.

Chris R

Mariner implosion imminent.

edit: No clue as to how long I've been a Mariners fan, but they are my only team (outside of my strangeness of liking the team that won the year I was born aka the Mets).

It's nice because they are the only sports team we get full coverage of up here in Alaska :( I mean I guess we get almost every Seahawk game but I don't care about the NFL.

Fox318

Can MLB shorten the season to 120 games so that Troy Tulowitzki can become the greatest player ever?

I had ESPN2 on and they were posting what people would do if they were commishner.

One person said 2 outs, 7 innings, and 120 games with only one pitching change allowed and walks eliminated.

Are people crazy?

Mariner implosion imminent.

edit: No clue as to how long I've been a Mariners fan, but they are my only team (outside of my strangeness of liking the team that won the year I was born aka the Mets).

It's nice because they are the only sports team we get full coverage of up here in Alaska :( I mean I guess we get almost every Seahawk game but I don't care about the NFL.

I'm born and raised here in Seattle. I have and always will be a fan of my local teams, regardless of how well theyre doing. I can't understand why people don't support whatever they've got locally. [shrug]

Macattk15

I had ESPN2 on and they were posting what people would do if they were commishner.

One person said 2 outs, 7 innings, and 120 games with only one pitching change allowed and walks eliminated.

Are people crazy?

Lol what in the actual fuck?

So they'd basically turn it into beer league softball?

Fox318

Lol what in the actual fuck?

So they'd basically turn it into beer league softball?

They were posting peoples tweets and most of them were crazy.

I just want a new commissioner to make recruiting younger fans a priority and part of that includes a video game strategy.

Top Bottom