• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT2| - Derek Jeter Appreciation Thread

iori9999

Banned
The Blue Jays are the biggest cocktease in the AL every single year.. Looked like they would finally break through and they tank in August..

Man Klubers curve is nasty. I think Neyer had an article about it and how rare of a pitch it is. Hitters are hitting like 1 something against it.

It's a slider

Its considered a curve by most. But its neither really.

It really is a ridiculous pitch. 'The show' got him a Curve, but it does look like a slider whenever they show a slow-mo replay on TV. Whatever it is, I love watching him throw it.

A slurve does have more of a wide break to it than Kluber's diagonal break. I do think a slurve is also used more by sidearm pitchers, or am I wrong here?

A slurve does have more of a wide break to it than Kluber's diagonal break. I do think a slurve is also used more by sidearm pitchers, or am I wrong here?

Jeff Sullivan said:
Using the Baseball Prospectus PITCHf/x leaderboards, I looked at every starter's curve and slider from between 2008-2014. I set a minimum of 100 thrown. I was left with a sample of 740 breaking balls. Of those, 225 were within two miles per hour of Kluber's 83.2 mph average. Of those, 35 were within two inches of Kluber's vertical movement. Of those, three were within two inches of Kluber's horizontal movement. So we have just three comparable pitches to Corey Kluber's breaking ball: Yu Darvish's slider, Jose Fernandez's breaking ball, and Marcus Stroman's curveball. Just missing the cut: Sonny Gray's curveball.
thats how rare the pitch is

rando14

Fight the good fight, mcclendon. Awful strike zone, giving Cabrera two late time outs. EAT A DICK RANDAZZO

EDIT: Congrats on the gifted run Detroit

Oozer3993

Man the Terrace Club is great.

Y0QWA7K.jpg

Lawrie Lind Edwin Lawrie will bring the spark they need to heat up

I can't wait for Pompey to come up and (hopefully) be an actual good player, so that we can all stop pretending Lawrie is anything more than a good field, no-hit, injury-prone utilityman. He gets an absurdly long leash just because of his passport.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
wow Chris Carter is on a tear! John Sickels always felt he would have a year like that, only thing he's only done it for the second half of the season.

I honestly did not expect this from him. Hopefully it stays this way instead of him being a strikeout machine.

6 runs is apparently not enough to compensate for Brad Peacock.

Come back soon, George.

Draconian

Alright, I'm done with Nathan. How many blown saves does it take to get yanked from being the closer?

EDIT: Alright, that's better. That was way more painful than it should've been though.

Top Bottom