• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT2| - Derek Jeter Appreciation Thread

noose_1870520c.jpg

Typing in "noose" in Bing with SafeSearch off yields some interesting results.

Elrond Hubbard

Neo Member
Kershaw is The NL MVP.

Yeah, he seems like the overwhelming choice to win it. Leads the majors in WAR despite missing six weeks of the season. He's faced more batters than Stanton has plate appearances.

The gap between Kershaw and the second best pitcher is like the gap between Michael Jordan and the second best basketball player in the 90s. At this point you're only really comparing him to guys like Pedro, Maddux and Clemens from the last two decades.

jakncoke

Banned
I know. It's pretty scary but I'm fully expecting them to fuck it up somehow in typical cubs fashion.

I keep hearing Cubs :kas about all this power hitters who seemingly also rack up K's. But who is pitching for the Cubs for this so called dynasty in the making? Hoping to buy some pitchers i guess?

Also Pirates better not lose today ffs

Syrinx

I keep hearing Cubs :kas about all this power hitters who seemingly also rack up K's. But who is pitching for the Cubs for this so called dynasty in the making? Hoping to buy some pitchers i guess?

This is why there's been so much speculation of a trade with us with Russell for Syndergaard.

You forget that the Cubs have piles of cash.
And more hitting prospects than positions. I'm sure we'll figure it out. And Arrieta and Hendricks is a good start.

McNei1y

Cubs can deal one of their shortstops for some pitching too. Then they have so much cash it's crazy. That team will be fun to watch (and I'll hate it). That infield could be godly.

Who are some of their outfield prospects btw?

eznark

Banned

Their entire offense is going to be pre-arb stud kiddies making a combined $10m. They can rock a $200m payroll. If Theo wanted their entire staff (including the bullpen) could be 3.5 fipper free agent starters.

Or he could use the disgusting wealth at SS to trade for three aces.

They'll fuck it up somehow though and it will be hilarious.

jakncoke

Banned
Their entire offense is going to be pre-arb stud kiddies making a combined $10m. They can rock a $200m payroll. If Theo wanted their entire staff (including the bullpen) could be 3.5 fipper free agent starters.

Or he could use the disgusting wealth at SS to trade for three aces.

They'll fuck it up somehow though and it will be hilarious.

I cant wait for his kas like excuses.

BFIB

Until the Cubs show sustained success, I just can't take Theo's operation seriously.

They have a lot of talent, probably the best they've had in a long time.

Cubs can deal one of their shortstops for some pitching too. Then they have so much cash it's crazy. That team will be fun to watch (and I'll hate it). That infield could be godly.

Who are some of their outfield prospects btw?

Well Bryant or Baez could be an OF considering Addison Russell's Defensive Prowess.

But the top ones are:
Albert Almora- our # 3 prospect-
High-A: 89 G, .283/.306/.406, 20 2B, 2 3B, 7 HR, 50 RBI, 55 R, 6 SB
Double-A: 35 G, .243/.259/.368, 7 2B, 2 3B, 2 HR, 10 RBI, 20 R

Kyle Schwarber(our #6 prospect, also could be a Catcher)
Low-A: 5 G, .600/.625/1.350, 1 2B, 1 3B, 1 HR, 10 RBI, 7 R
Single-A: 23 G, .361/.448/.602, 8 2B, 4 HR, 15 RBI, 17 R
High-A: 44 G, .302/.393/.560, 9 2B, 1 3B, 10 HR, 28 RBI, 31 R

Billy McKinney( our #10 Prospect)
High-A (OAK): 75 G, .241/.330/.400, 12 2B, 2 3B, 10 HR, 33 RBI, 42 R, 5 SB
High-A (CHC): 51 G, .301/.390/.432, 12 2B, 4 3B, 1 HR, 36 RBI, 30 R, 1 SB

And also we signed the Top International player last year, 17 year old Eloy Jimenez who you can see dwarves Manny(to the left)
ELOY-MANNY.jpg

aFIGurANT

Goddamn phone inexplicably didn't charge last night so I'm going to have to miss the potential sweep of the Pirates. Looks like a deadlock right now but I have to like our chances with the offense looking like it's been reanimated by some sort of dark baseball heaven intangible magic.

BFIB

Goddamn phone inexplicably didn't charge last night so I'm going to have to miss the potential sweep of the Pirates. Looks like a deadlock right now but I have to like our chances with the offense looking like it's been reanimated by some sort of dark baseball heaven intangible magic.

Jobu-Statue2.jpg

JDeluis

I'm here at Dodger Stadium today. Looks like Puig will be in right field today.

Still need to go buy me a Dodger dog to add some ketchup.

Top Bottom