• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT2| - Derek Jeter Appreciation Thread

BFIB

Miler looking much better today.

EDIT: wait, what'd I miss!? I'm stuck in a meeting so I only have gameday on.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Pat Gillick: Ruben Amaro Jr. 'absolutely' will remain Phillies general manager

ATLANTA — Pat Gillick was at home in Seattle last week when a member of the Phillies ownership group extended an offer to become the team's interim president and CEO while David Montgomery tended to his health. The Hall of Fame executive agreed, and he joined the Phillies on Tuesday at Turner Field to start a "firsthand look" at his employees.

He does not anticipate sweeping changes, and reaffirmed the status of both Ruben Amaro Jr. and Ryne Sandberg for 2015. They "absolutely" will stay in their current positions, Gillick said.

"They're under contract," Gillick said. "Ruben is under contract through '15 and Ryne's under contract. ... So right now there's no thought whatsoever of replacing either one."

He will share baseball decisions with Amaro, although Gillick has the final say.

BFIB

Very nice day for Shelby. If he gets back on track, the backend of this rotation doesn't look too bad, especially with Masterson sent to the bullpen.

Having him finish strong could be the difference. Not sure what you get from Waino here on out, Lynn and Lackey will do their thing, but Wacha is a question mark until proven otherwise.

BFIB

BwoshuBCcAAlY8Q.jpg:large

Jay finally goes deep!

Top Bottom