• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT2| - Derek Jeter Appreciation Thread

I was invited but didn't want to subject myself to such horrors.

I'd come down to Toronto for the day, and figured it was my one chance to see the Jays in person this year so I may as well take it.

Huge mistake. I mean, it was cool to see how loud Jays fans would get if the team ever does anything, but the on-field product is just horrible. It boggles my mind they've stayed afloat this long, considering the team right now is basically Bautista, Cabrera, and the shell of Jose Reyes. I know they've been hit by injuries for the third year in a row, but it would be nice if they had any depth whatsoever. Right now, the only thing to hope for is that Pompey, Nay, Barretto, etc., turn out as good as they're looking right now, and that AA doesn't trade them away in a last-ditch attempt to keep his job.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I can't.
e9l9e5.gif

who do you use? they all suck

except JP

jansen has been known to blow games too

The only reliable ones are Jansen, JP, and League. League fucked up last time, but he's much better this season than Wilson. Wilson is crap. He's been way worse than League. It's not even close this season.

Meier

Damn, I don't follow the AL at all so I've never heard of this Jepsen guy. What a stat line. .125 BAA -- ouch!

Baez HR ends up being a game winner. Good for him.

Jepsen has been great this year. Always had a good fastball but sometimes left it up in the past where it would hurt. Only this year has he been locating it.

Only other pitch is a curve ball and sometimes a cutter

Thank goodness the Dodgers won. Too bad it took so long for Kershaw to find his groove. Also for the shitty Yankees game to end so the Dodgers game could be aired.

Dodgers will lose the next one for sure, and then hopefully win with Ryu pitching.

zroid

Banned
I wish my I had a remote so I wouldn't have to get up to turn off the Jays :(

I am just mad that they tricked me into caring again after the All-Star break. I had been peacefully bailed out over the previous 6 weeks and then they pulled me back in. For naught.

dorkimoe

Just came to say Javieeeeeeerrr Baaaeeezzz!!

I hope he doesnt turn out like carlos pena, hitting 40 homers with a .120 average

Top Bottom