• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT2| - Derek Jeter Appreciation Thread

eznark

Banned
BuZJjwmCAAETCZO.jpg:large

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Another 2 out HR this time from Negroan. Ohio cup looks to be staying in cincy.

Enron

Banned
Probably Falcons lol

Is Texas going to not be bums this year?

lol bob walk there making fun of whomever made the cant pitch inside with a big lead quote

bob basically like "good thing we only have a 1 run lead so we are still allowed to pitch inside"

Texas? You shut your face. My whole family went to ok state except for me and my sister, we are uga grads. Fuck da horns. And I dont give a damn about the falcons!

RBH

The Oakland A's have begun talks with an architect to build a baseball-only stadium at the Coliseum site, A's owner Lew Wolff said Wednesday.

"I've always loved Oakland. I love our fans. But we need a new venue," he said. "We're going to make our sincerest effort to do that."

Wolff's comments came on the heels of the Oakland Coliseum board unanimously ratifying a 10-year contract with the team, which keeps them in Oakland at least through the 2018 season.

Appearing with Oakland and Alameda County leaders at the Coliseum offices, Wolff said he was relieved to get the contract signed after 15 months of often tense negotiations and was looking forward to building the team a new stadium.

The Coliseum board "has been our landlord for almost 50 years. This lease is very important to us," he said. "It was a little more confusing than we thought it would be, but at the end of the day, we're all in the same family. ... Now we've got a winning streak in Major League Baseball as well as with the (Coliseum board)."

The ratification followed months of debate between the Oakland City Council, Alameda County Board of Supervisors, the Coliseum board and A's leaders over the details of the lease, on topics ranging from a new scoreboard to the impact on the Oakland Raiders to the A's ability to build a new stadium.

Alameda County Supervisor Nate Miley was elated to finally get the contract signed.

"This is extremely important and gratifying for the City of Oakland, Alameda County and the entire region," he said. "It's just fantastic. It symbolizes our mutual respect and desire to work together."

Oakland Mayor Jean Quan, City Council members Rebecca Kaplan, Larry Reid and Noel Gallo, as well as Wolff and the rest of the Coliseum board, signed baseballs and a wooden bat to celebrate.

"It's been a long, frustrating 15 months," said Reid, who sits on the Coliseum board. "Now we can begin talking about building a new stadium."
http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/A-s-approach-architect-about-building-a-new-5672384.php

The agreement includes an escape clause that allows the A's to leave the Coliseum after the 2018 Major League Baseball season. However, they would still have to pay rent until the end of the agreement in 2024 unless they moved to another site in Oakland.

The team has threatened to move to other cities such as San Jose or Fremont in recent years.

The agreement allows the city to force the A's out of the Coliseum if a deal to develop the site for a football-only stadium for the Oakland Raiders comes together. The Raiders currently share the use of the stadium with the A's.

Among other aspects of the deal include a plan for the A's to buy and install a new $10 million scoreboard for the Coliseum before the 2015 season.
http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/loca...ease-Agreement-With-Oakland-As-270198231.html

Brad+Pitt+Brad+Pitt+Moneyball+Press+Conference+pqPDEMeuWwZl.jpg

Enron

Banned
I was lol'ing at my wrongness and your post not really the details of where you went

i thought you were laughing at me growing up in texas and going to UGA. I get shit on for two-teaming so much it was a natural reaction :(

Why wont you love me

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Negron had some very impressive AB's tonight 3/4 and a triple short of the cycle.

I think we've found our permanent replacement until Phillips gets healthy.

RBH

mlb_e_mets11_600x600.jpg

Mere seconds after New York Mets fan Steven Mitzmacher walked through the gate and got his truck that he realized that the promotional giveaway had the logo of the team's hated division rival, the Philadelphia Phillies.

"I looked down and I said to my brother-in-law, 'What's this?'" Mitzmacher said.

The truck that was given away at the Aug. 3 game against the San Francisco Giants, also featured the logos of W.B. Mason, the office supplies company that sponsors both the Mets and the Phillies.

"At first I thought that maybe the trucks had different logos on them, but when I looked around, everyone else had a Mets logo on the door of the truck," said Mitzmacher, 28, who works in online marketing. "So I posted the picture on Twitter and Reddit to see how far it could go."

News of the gaffe traveled slowly for days, but picked up steam on Tuesday as more and more outlets picked it up. A Mets spokesperson said the trucks were made by a vendor called Hit Promotional Products.

"Unfortunately, this turned out to be a case of human error during the packaging stage of production and we apologize that a few manufactured units of the incorrectly branded truck were placed in the wrong team packaging," the company said in a statement given to ESPN.com. "We believe this is a very isolated issue that hadn't occurred in the past, but will address to make sure mistakes like this don't occur in the future."

W.B. Mason has to be more careful than other companies. They not only sponsor the rival Mets and Phillies, they also sponsor both the New York Yankees and the Boston Red Sox.

Mitzmacher said he is going to keep the truck, but he's going to have to tell his soon-to-be born child why he can't take it out of the box in three years.

Said Mitzmacher: "When I'm 70, maybe I'll take it to the Antique Roadshow."
http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/sto...-collectible-truck-philadelphia-phillies-logo

Top Bottom