• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT2| - Derek Jeter Appreciation Thread

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
That's the better gif. EZ wins.

I honestly forgot that Adam Dunn still played baseball. It was eons ago he was striking out 150+ times a season for the Reds.

rekameohs

Banned
PracticalApprehensiveAtlanticridleyturtle.gif

can't. stop. masturbating

Well, that's a thing

zychi

Banned
Tulo will be in Bos or NY. Someone has to replace Jeter, and someone has to play SS with Pedroia, bidding war will happen.

BFIB

As a Cards fan, I would rather hold on to what we've got. Adams has had a great year, Wong is settling in, and MCarp does what MCarp does.

Peralta is the odd man out, but he's also owed a lot of money for the next 3 years. I just don't see how Tulo fits without one of those other guys being moved. Not worth that IMO, especially for a guy thats yet to play over 130 games a year.

DietRob

ah, was just getting ready to post that.

crosley field in the background is a nice touch.

edit: actually that might be union grounds?

It boggles my mind they've stayed afloat this long, considering the team right now is basically Bautista, Cabrera, and the shell of Jose Reyes. I know they've been hit by injuries for the third year in a row, but it would be nice if they had any depth whatsoever. Right now, the only thing to hope for is that Pompey, Nay, Barretto, etc., turn out as good as they're looking right now, and that AA doesn't trade them away in a last-ditch attempt to keep his job.

As weird as it sounds, what you saw does indicate that AA has been able to put together a roster that can handle the loss of 2 of its best bats, it's starting 2B and the guy who was supposed to be the 'ace' of the rotation.

That said, I do think that unless the Jays hold on to that 2nd Wildcard, Beeston cans AA in the off-season.

As a Cards fan, I would rather hold on to what we've got. Adams has had a great year, Wong is settling in, and MCarp does what MCarp does.

Peralta is the odd man out, but he's also owed a lot of money for the next 3 years. I just don't see how Tulo fits without one of those other guys being moved. Not worth that IMO, especially for a guy thats yet to play over 130 games a year.
It should take even more than that to land Tulo. Taveras++ is probably the starting point. Which isn't worth the risk of him breaking down as he ages, no matter how awesome he is. It would be the textbook definition of mortgaging the future for a short championship window in the present.

also :jnc at thinking the Yankees have the pieces to get Tulo

jakncoke

Banned
lol la russa you dumb cunt. there is a difference between an accidental hbp and a clear intentionally hit order on Cutch.

jakncoke

Banned
What did he have to say about it? I know he's usually against pitchers going in purposely.

Its on espn.com . But basically he doesnt know why dbags are getting shit over it and what about Goldy getting hit and such. If it was remotely close to intentional sure, but it wasnt, he was hit in the hand, no one intentionally targets your hand when hitting a person. You can't go targetting people stars every time a person gets hit and accuse them its intentional. This goes back to the insane argument that I think their catcher made and possibly Gibson that there is an unwritten rule you dont throw inside up big. Fucking non sense, pitchers are paid to get players out, period.

Its on espn.com . But basically he doesnt know why dbags are getting shit over it and what about Goldy getting hit and such. If it was remotely close to intentional sure, but it wasnt, he was hit in the hand, no one intentionally targets your hand when hitting a person. You can't go targetting people stars every time a person gets hit and accuse them its intentional. This goes back to the insane argument that I think their catcher made and possibly Gibson that there is an unwritten rule you dont throw inside up big. Fucking non sense, pitchers are paid to get players out, period.

TLR has always been like that. Did it a bunch when he was in St. Louis.

eznark

Banned

LaRussa is a cunt, a liar, a cheater and a drunk. He is perfect for the Diamondbacks.

I like LaRussa, but yeah, this stuff was always baffling. He'd go apeshit ballistic when Pujols would be pitched in deep, but then he'd have no qualms if his own pitchers did it.

To be honest though that pitch to Pujols was pretty dangerous and not really like the one to Goldschmidt which was just pitching in on the hands.

Kinda like the one Carlos Martinez made to Hanley Ramirez a few weeks ago. No problem at all with Kershaw beaning Holliday on the butt to send a message (takes a lot of balls to bean a guy who could probably tear you in half)

Beanball to McCutchen was just bad though. If you're going to "send a message" don't do it square in the back where you could seriously injure a guy.

eznark

Banned
To be honest though that pitch to Pujols was pretty dangerous and not really like the one to Goldschmidt which was just pitching in on the hands.

Kinda like the one Carlos Martinez made to Hanley Ramirez a few weeks ago. No problem at all with Kershaw beaning Holliday on the butt to send a message (takes a lot of balls to bean a guy who could probably tear you in half)

Beanball to McCutchen was just bad though. If you're going to "send a message" don't do it square in the back where you could seriously injure a guy.

Also don't be a fucking coward, hit him in his first AB, not in the last inning of a lopsided loss.

Hamels got claimed on waivers. Strong suspicion that the Cubs are the ones who did it. As long as we can keep Bryant, Russell, Soler and Edwards I'd be willing to trade for him from our prospects. Maybe Almora, Vizcaino, Johnson, and Vogelbach gets it done?

jakncoke

Banned
lol 3-0 and swings at a ball into the dirt. what a dummy. come on locke make him pay for that!

edit; got him to fly out. what a dumb ab for that marlin

DietRob

The only team Cozart seems to hit consistently against is the Indians. I'll take it.

Edit: lol I've actually seen the GAF roofing banner add on here once and in home depot.

Wow great catch from Cozart too. Went way up the ladder.

Top Bottom