• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT2| - Derek Jeter Appreciation Thread

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Astros can't hit the shitty Phillies starting pitching and George Springer has a set back and re-injured his quad tonight.

Also, Brad Peacock sucks major ass.

trfPmMn.jpg

Always seems like Hamilton is golfing or swinging high towards a SO when we need a hit. Gotta admit I got a little pumped up until Pujols fly out to center. Hoping to tie the series tomorrow.

I was NOT expecting Haren to get a win, holy shit.

And that 9th inning shut down of Trout, Pujols, and Hamilton with a guy on second? Beauty!

Welcome to the Josh Hamilton experience.

I've only really become invested in the angels and MLB as a whole last year. I'm now understanding the Hamilton complaints. Guy strikes out frequently in otherwise clutch moments and his out fielding looks sluggish compared to younger guys like Trout and Calhoun. He does have some redeeming moments but not as often as I'd hope.

Speaking of Calhoun, what a diving catch last night!

well, the Phillies gave out the same W.B. Mason trucks as the Mets and guess what? they had the Mets logo on it, ultimate troll W.B. Mason.

I've only really become invested in the angels and MLB as a whole last year. I'm now understanding the Hamilton complaints. Guy strikes out frequently in otherwise clutch moments and his out fielding looks sluggish compared to younger guys like Trout and Calhoun. He does have some redeeming moments but not as often as I'd hope.

Speaking of Calhoun, what a diving catch last night!

I think his fielding is exaggerated. That's really the full speed he can run. His batting though. He strikes out way too much. It is bad when as a viewer you can see it's going to be out of the zone and you just know he's going to swing

Glass Lawrie out for 3 to 6 weeks. This might be the thing that finally sinks the Jays (and AA).

And huh, Hutchinson is 23 - same age as Stroman.

Lawrie's always been a little overrated by Jays fans because of his passport. Realistically, the Jays are just as well served by having Valencia/Tolleson/Francisco (and, to some extent, Kawasaki) out there -- they're not as good with the glove, but Lawrie's bat is weaker.

Sure would've been nice if they'd been able to pick up someone like Prado or Headley, though.

Lawrie's always been a little overrated by Jays fans because of his passport. Realistically, the Jays are just as well served by having Valencia/Tolleson/Francisco (and, to some extent, Kawasaki) out there -- they're not as good with the glove, but Lawrie's bat is weaker.

Sure would've been nice if they'd been able to pick up someone like Prado or Headley, though.

I'm more worried about how a fragile-minded group reacts to this. Morale seems to be an issue with these guys.

As for Prado and Headley, I don't know much about either guy - but a glance at their numbers suggests they're not that much better (at least with the bat) than what AA already has going on at either 3B or 2B.

I'm more worried about how a fragile-minded group reacts to this. Morale seems to be an issue with these guys.

As for Prado and Headley, I don't know much about either guy - but a glance at their numbers suggests they're not that much better (at least with the bat) than what AA already has going on at either 3B or 2B.

At least in Prado's case, he's versatile, and can provide average to above-average production at a bunch of different positions. Headley would've been a bit riskier, since he's been injury-prone for the last year or two, and the Jays already have enough guys with injury troubles, but he at least would've had the potential of being amazing.

I don't know what to make of the Jays' mental make-up. Half the time they play with swagger and act like they can beat anyone, but the other half of the time it seems all of them go spiralling out of control at the slightest little mistake. Really makes you wonder how they managed that huge comeback against the Reds back in June, because they're not usually that resilient.

Top Bottom