• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 POSTSEASON |OT| Screw you, Satan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
People still watch first take?

You dont want to make me an enemy
9jSLyd1.jpg

edit: damnit

He can certainly pitch. But he's mediocre at best in the post-season. Against the Cards it's a joke actually to call him a sound choice.

he had two bad innings against the Cards.

That could be said for every freaking pitcher that loses games and allows runs.

the Dodgers have to score for him. that's it.. there is no more to argue. a pitcher gives you 6 shutdown innings you have to score more than one run.the other hitters are MLB caliber hitters too.

Branduil

You know, now that I think about it, I can't think of any other team sport where W-L record is an official stat assigned to a single player.

GnawtyDog

Banned
Kershaw pitches against the best pitcher for a team everytime and gets 0 run support.

That doesnt happen to "every freaking pitcher"

0 is not exactly accurate.

and 1 run games happen. Game 2 in 2013 I believe vs. Wacha was just that. Sometimes you have to hold fort....and match pitch for pitch more or less.

That could be said for every freaking pitcher that loses games and allows runs.

Alright im on my phone so I cant make this as detailed as I'd like but i am gonna learn you something about pitching today.

pitching with run support and pitching without are fundimentally different. when you have run support, youre far more likely to pitch in, with a pitcher like Kershaw whos game revolves around his slider and hard curve, you work backwards and punch through the count. you are throwing junk in their sweet spot to induce weak contact or chance them getting a hold of one. when youre not you pitch them hard, constantly work out and attack, push out or to the edges to get strikeouts. Mets hitters werent paitient today they attacked all game. his walks were from pitching aggressively, so were his K's. if he had run support he wouldnt have had to attack so much. and as such wouldnt have as many walks.

Pitching 101

GnawtyDog

Banned
Alright im on my phone so I cant make this as detailed as I'd like but i am gonna learn you something about pitching today.

pitching with run support and pitching without are fundimentally different. when you have run support, youre far more likely to pitch in, with a pitcher like Kershaw whos game revolves around his slider and hard curve, you work backwards and punch through the count. you are throwing junk in their sweet spot to induce weak contact or chance them getting a hold of one. when youre not you pitch them hard, constantly work out and attack, push out or to the edges to get strikeouts. Mets hitters werent paitient today they attacked all game. his walks were from pitching aggressively, so were his K's. if he had run support he wouldnt have had to attack so much. and as such wouldnt have as many walks.

Pitching 101

That isn't relevant in many cases, teams come back and pound a pitcher on mid-late innings all the time, changing leads after having deficits. Specially with Kershaw in the post-season. Last year was a perfect example for the two games he pitched I believe.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Every year's postseason thread there's at least one troll who pops up, lol.

I don't know if any of the past ones aren't banned/permed at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom