• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 POSTSEASON |OT| Screw you, Satan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
the slide doesn't even have to be illegal for the mets to be outraged. that didn't even really affect this particular game. it wasn't going to be 2 anyways.

they should be outraged because utley obviously never touched the base, and that allowed 3 runs to score. the dodgers were given the game.

Rule was explained. Umpire can reverse a call if they made it incorrectly, and put a runner back on base even if he didn't touch.

Time to settle down, Mets and Giants GAF.

Branduil

I don't think there is actually a rule against these ridiculous slides into second, which is a problem. The rule needs to be changed so that you have to slide to the bag, and obvious takeout moves should be met with ejections. I don't understand how they could they could change the home plate collision rule but the second base takeout slide is still "part of the game."

Sifl

Rule was explained. Time to settle down, Mets and Giants GAF.
Yea and it still doesn't make any sense when they explained it. They said because they got the neighborhood call wrong he gets put back at second, but he never actually touched it. It sounds like the rule is for when the play actually goes cleanly and they get it wrong, not whatever that fucking garbage was.

Apparently it is if the throw is never made to first.

And I guess it's cool to just walk off the field without ever touching the bag, or something.
I see stuff in the NBA playoffs go under the definition of hard playoff foul all the time. I can't compare the two that well but if something like that happened in basketball someone gotta get knocked the eff out.

BumRush

I don't think there is actually a rule against these ridiculous slides into second, which is a problem. The rule needs to be changed so that you have to slide to the bag, and obvious takeout moves should be met with ejections. I don't understand how they could they could change the home plate collision rule but the second base takeout slide is still "part of the game."

They can call it interference

Choomp

Banned
Rule was explained. Umpire can reverse a call if they made it incorrectly, and put a runner back on base even if he didn't touch.

Time to settle down, Mets and Giants GAF.

It's still fair to be mad at how dirty that slide was and how stupid the rule is, especially considering it could cost the Mets the game.

It's still fair to be mad at how dirty that slide was and how stupid the rule is, especially considering it could cost the Mets the game.

Sure, I totally understand being upset about their guy getting injured and maybe losing the game.
But the rules are the rules in the book.

Caja 117

What?? I understand taking away head on collisions for the catcher or slides that are just obviusley bad, but slides to break DP? No way.

Maxim726X

Play the game under protest.

At least that way, we can get an explanation that actually makes any sense... Or they'd just admit that the fucked up.

If Tejada was facing in the opposite direction it would of ended much cleaner. The fact that he was on his backside making a turn made it look like that.

It's a hard, clean play.

NO IT IS FUCKING NOT. He aimed for his knee, he aimed so deliberately he DIDN'T EVEN TOUCH THE BAG.

CRAillHWsAAj9Wf.png

https://twitter.com/AVSNY/status/653059987372179457

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom