• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 POSTSEASON |OT| Screw you, Satan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Choomp

Banned
@ScottMillerBbl: MLB Spokesperson: Umps did not feel it was illegal slide. They could have called it. During that review process, illegal slide not reviewe

What. A. Joke.

2536312-2379004-jeff_headshake.gif

GnawtyDog said:
If Tejada was facing in the opposite direction it would of ended much cleaner. The fact that he was on his backside making a turn made it look like that.

It's a hard, clean play.

Serious? Did you see it? Straight dropkicked him, didn't even try and make it look like he was trying to slide into second.

They weren't able to, apparently.

Because the rule was explained and they saw that they were wrong.

but they can throw to second, which is not the same as the challenge.

It's still fair to be mad at how dirty that slide was and how stupid the rule is, especially considering it could cost the Mets the game.

I think we all knew something was going to happen on the basepaths once they got first and third and one out. of course it's dirty from the view point of the Mets but it's legal and hard and looks worse because Tejada had his back turned and started to twist.

cashman

Banned
I don't think there is actually a rule against these ridiculous slides into second, which is a problem. The rule needs to be changed so that you have to slide to the bag, and obvious takeout moves should be met with ejections. I don't understand how they could they could change the home plate collision rule but the second base takeout slide is still "part of the game."

There is a rule against take out slides, but under the current rules the runner only has to make a "reasonable attempt" to slide to the base, which is what Utley did.

This is a takeout slide under the old rules.

Branduil

What?? I understand taking away head on collisions for the catcher or slides that are just obviusley bad, but slides to break DP? No way.

What is the purpose of allowing baserunners to intentionally injure fielders at 2nd base, as has already happened multiple times this year? It's really weird how an obvious rules loophole(he's technically sliding for 2nd even though he's blatantly just trying to take out a guy's knees!) somehow became an integral part of baseball.

kcxiv

How can dodger fans cheer this crap

As a fan ill cheer for the team. Ill never cheer because someone got injured. I grew up in the 80's and 90's this shit was like a random tuesday with these kind of slides. To me growing up that was baseball. Same with Football when guys hit the other guy hard. Its what i grew up with.

Ref's for whatever reason fuck up all the time. What the fuck am i supposed to do? say i dont want this and take it away? yeah ok!

Maxim726X

If he gets into this series again, fucking beam him.

Dirty ass player broke his leg, ending his postseason.

You see Dodger fans, that's why slides like that don't happen anymore.

Sifl

Lol how can anyone defend Utley? Look at where he was when he slid, and it was barley even a fucking slide. It was more of a dive towards his legs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom