• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 POSTSEASON |OT| Screw you, Satan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBH

abbott13n-4-web.jpg

kpjolee

Well, this was an interesting season.

No one expected the Astros to make the playoffs let alone be in playoff contention. This is a huge stepping stone for the team. Need a few changes here and there and they'll be alright.

Still damn proud of them.

few tweaks and you guys are going to be favorite for taking division next year. Little jelly to be honest.

kris.

Banned
Royals vs Jays is going to be a Bloodbath.

If you've seen some of the games this year in the regular season, these teams do not like each other.

I'm fucking pumped. I hate the Jays. I hate them with a fiery passion. And they scare the shit out of me with the way they're playing. But this is gonna be such an intense, awesome series.

Line_HTX

I must admit, I didn't expect it myself. I treated this season like I would the regular season of the NBA, don't care much until the last month.

From May all the way until August, I didn't actually follow the Astros and hardly paid any attention, but everyday I kept hearing "1st place Astros, 1st place Astros" and then I saw how they mauled the Yankees at Yankee Stadium in August and I was like... wow, this is amazing.

Then September rolled around and that's when I started following seriously. The final month was rough considering they were free-falling, but they managed to get the Wild Card Spot.

Honestly, this was a pleseant surprise, and the fact that Correa and Altuve are like in their low 20s is insane. Correa should definitely get Rookie of the Year. Though this season ended tonight in bitterness, the future is very bright for the Astros. Fuck, I'd say this team was way better than the playoff teams of 10 years ago. (Sorry Killer B's and Biggio :p)

Good shit, and fuck, I hope they have a better September next year.

Tabris

see: Yakupov celebration

Well the Yakupov celebration was silly because it was a regular season game that mattered little. If he did that on a game winning goal to win a playoff series, I wouldn't have had an issue.

So isn't the Battista celebration justified in the celebration?

Or did it come off disrespectful or something due to some history in the game - What about St Louis?

Fuck

Who am I supposed to root for in an ALCS between people with funny barbecue and Canadians?

I guess..the Blue Jays?

This is disgusting

You mean, let me understand this cause, ya know maybe it's me, I'm a little fucked up maybe, but our barbecue is funny how, I mean funny like it's a clown, it amuses you? It makes you laugh, it's here to fuckin' amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How is our barbecue funny?

SSPssp

I must admit, I didn't expect it myself. I treated this season like I would the regular season of the NBA, don't care much until the last month.

From May all the way until August, I didn't actually follow the Astros and hardly paid any attention, but everyday I kept hearing "1st place Astros, 1st place Astros" and then I saw how they mauled the Yankees at Yankee Stadium in August and I was like... wow, this is amazing.

Then September rolled around and that's when I started following seriously. The final month was rough considering they were free-falling, but they managed to get the Wild Card Spot.

Honestly, this was a pleseant surprise, and the fact that Correa and Altuve are like in their low 20s is insane. Correa should definitely get Rookie of the Year. Though this season ended tonight in bitterness, the future is very bright for the Astros. Fuck, I'd say this team was way better than the playoff teams of 10 years ago. (Sorry Killer B's and Biggio :p)

Good shit, and fuck, I hope they have a better September next year.

Yeah I'm really hopeful for the future. I was following just before the all-star break and our downturn after was disappointing but I was so pumped we turned it around at the end! We're a really good team and we'll be better next year.

I'm a Yankees fan. Well known if you stick around.

Lol, sorry. I'll stick around.

Greg Abbott's gonna be out of a job this upcoming election cycle. What a dummy.

Yeah, he ruined everything!

God, MLB.TV has been such a piece of shit the past few weeks. Extremely poor image quality and skipping back a few seconds. Meanwhile, I fire up Netflix and get 1080p picture just fine.

This has been happening for the past few weeks and has me seriously reconsidering whether to subscribe again next year.

Just saw this. Yes, my MLB.TV went to shit the last month of the season after being amazing all year.

I blame the entire country of Canada bandwagoning onto the service after the trade deadline. ;)

Line_HTX

Yeah I'm really hopeful for the future. I was following just before the all-star break and our downturn after was disappointing but I was so pumped we turned it around at the end! We're a really good team and we'll be better next year.

Yeah, he ruined everything!

I like that Golden Bullet Bill you got there with the Steam logo.

Yeah, whoever's in charge of that Twitter account, and I'm assuming it was a staffer or an intern that did it, should be fired immeditately. It was fucking 3:00 PM when that was posted and it was still the 7th inning. Fucking shit, what ass timing.

Great year, this is the most fun I've ever had watching the stros. Even higher than the 04 and the 05 run. I love the entire team.

I've been to probably 200 Astros games in my lifetime, and this was by far my favorite. The team isn't great, but springer, Altuve, Rasmus (great trade from stl), bringing up correa, gattis the lumberjack, VALBUENA pulling out some clutch runs, Castro behind the plate going everywhere for our curveball pitchers, carter's been bad but came up clutch late in the year, marisnick looking like a lanky Bourn out in center, I hope we can sign Gomez to a long contract. Tucker came up in the clutch all season long and we might be able to have both him and his brother on the roster. Konger stepping up when Castro was gone. That doesn't even factor in the amazing pitching staff, which is my favorite part of watching baseball. Our pen let us down in the end of the season, but they were amazing through 4/5s. Neshek, sipp, Harris, gregerson gives me the runs but has been decent. Kid keuchal, mchuggles, McCullers figured it out. Hopefully we can call Appel up soon.

I love this team, and am so goddam proud of them. I went to braves playoff losses, cardinals playoff losses, the game where puggles ended lidge's career, HIDALGO, ALOUUUUUUUUUUUUUU, the killer Bs, the 18 inning Ausmus/Burke marathon, spiers, Wagner, the last astrodome game, the first Enron field game, I met Berkman, went to biggios record breaking 3-hit game, but this season contained the group of stros that I'll always remember. I love these boys and will love them forever.

Line_HTX

Home opener April 11 vs. the Royals.

Not that I care about the first half of the season, but I hope they get a revenge sweep and revenge shutout for those fuckers.

Back to Texans and Rockets... yeah...

Yeaaahhhh... ¯\(°_°)/¯

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Well the Yakupov celebration was silly because it was a regular season game that mattered little. If he did that on a game winning goal to win a playoff series, I wouldn't have had an issue.

So isn't the Battista celebration justified in the celebration?

Or did it come off disrespectful or something due to some history in the game - What about St Louis?

i was alluding more to the traditionalists bashing the over the top celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom