• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 POSTSEASON |OT| Screw you, Satan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
the Yankee Council congratulates you Mets fans,Frozenprince, LJ11, Link (R.I.P) NYCmetsfan,GK86, Syrinx, doktorevil and even you second spitter. you may be a jerk but today is your day to shine. but mostly congrats to Frankman may your mangaka soul be smiling from above.

but as per the rules I will now root for the cubs, it's been 107 years, enough is enough.
joke. I'm just looking forward to a great series. whoever wins is good for the sport.

the Yankee Council congratulates you Mets fans,Frozenprince, LJ11, Link (R.I.P) NYCmetsfan,GK86, Syrinx and even you second spitter. you may be a jerk but today is your day to shine. but mostly congrats to Frankman may your mangaka soul be smiling from above.

but as per the rules I will now root for the cubs, it's been 107 years, enough is enough.
joke. I'm just looking forward to a great series. whoever wins is good for the sport.
I need to post more.

Do you think Colon gets one of Harvey's starts?

I don't think so, he volunteered to pitch tonight. In a 7 game series he has to pitch twice. The more pressing question is whether or not Colon would take a Matz start. They don't like Matz out of the bullpen because he's slow to recover and Colon's splits between the NL East and everyone else are stark. But you never know with Matz's back.

Grifter

mr-met-o.gif

Get fucked Chase Utley!

That does it. Capping off the night by rounding up old Conan Mr. Met skits.

I keep forgetting you're a Doyers fan, I keep thinking you're a Mariners fan.

It's kinda a weird thing. I'm a Seahawks fan for many reasons, one of them that I am a WA native that now lives around SF. I can't stand this fucking city and Nintendo has honked me off in a few different ways, so I can't really root for the Mariners as I did growing up.

I love LA and everytime I visit I have a blast. A friend of mine has been a Dodgers fan since he was a kid and I sort of got interested and checked them out. They seemed to fit the bill for M's replacement team. Yes, that's as bad as I'm making it sound, complete with the choking. So since I love the city and the baseball team seemed pretty cool, they were made my new team.

/livejournalpost

You know what's funny the Mets have the lowest payroll out of the 4

A decade ago, the mets had one of the highest payrolls in baseball.

They threw money at garbage like Kris Benson and Victor Zambrano and traded for bloated contracts like Jeremy Burnitz or Mo Vaughn.

It's nice to finally have a fairly balanced team. They remind me a lot of the 86 Mets in more way than one.

So much adversity for these Mets too. The Mejia situation, for one.

A decade ago, the mets had one of the highest payrolls in baseball.

They threw money at garbage like Kris Benson and Victor Zambrano and traded for bloated contracts like Jeremy Burnitz or Mo Vaughn.

It's nice to finally have a fairly balanced team. They remind me a lot of the 86 Mets in more way than one.

So much adversity for these Mets too. The Mejia situation, for one.

Actually they traded for Zambrano, straight up for Kazmir.

I wish I could say I'm surprised how it ended up, but I'm not. Dodgers offense has been woeful, not helped by shitty trades like getting rid of Dee Gordon for expensive choke artists like Kendrick.

What's most annoying is the Dodgers absolutely gave this game away. First with Hernandez bobbling the shit out of the ball in left for the first run, and then Ethier catching that foul ball to allow a second run to come in. Either one of those doesn't happen and the Dodgers are sitting comfy.

Only silver lining is everybody hates Mattingly and I can't imagine they keep him. Hope they get rid of swing-ruiner Mark McGwire too.

While they're at it, kick Crawful to the curb, send Rollins into retirement, and sign the fuck out of Greinke again. It'll be good to have Ryu back next year, and get a goddamn bullpen please.

Gonna root for the Cubs from here on out, gotta love 'em. I think I like them to sweep the Mets, but I'm gonna be safe and say it goes 4-1.

Was really hoping to see a series with Kershaw, Greinke, and Arrieta all there. Would've been awesome.

Well trade Harvey to the Yankees for Gregorious and for ARod. Deal?

Actually they traded for Zambrano, straight up for Kazmir.

Yeah you're right. I forgot that the Mets at one time had Kazmir when he was one of the hottest prospects in baseball...

It's like the time they traded away Nolan Ryan...

Well trade Harvey to the Yankees for Gregorious and for ARod. Deal?

Yeah you're right. I forgot that the Mets at one time had Kazmir when he was one of the hottest prospects in baseball...

It's like the time they traded away Nolan Ryan...

At least they got a ring out of him before he was sent away.

Maybe you should move, lol. Don't quite understand how so many people stay around here yet keep saying how much they hate it ;P

Husband still works for Nintendo. They don't have offices down in LA. I also now work for the best sandwich/cheese shop in the universe. My job has been keeping me sane to be quite honest, well ok my boss. Hard to move away with no money either, shit is expensive here. Eventually we'll have enough, but not in the near future.

rando14

It's a serious question, bro.

Kam gonna beat Cam this weekend or naw?

I think we'll win this weekend, but in the overall scheme I don't think we'll compete this year. Maybe squeak into the playoffs but we don't have the juice for a serious run, likely a one and done at best!!

Hopefully Kam should play better this weekend too, he had a poor game last week... Gotta scheme better for Greg Olson

Syrinx

I wish I could say I'm surprised how it ended up, but I'm not. Dodgers offense has been woeful, not helped by shitty trades like getting rid of Dee Gordon for expensive choke artists like Kendrick.

What's most annoying is the Dodgers absolutely gave this game away. First with Hernandez bobbling the shit out of the ball in left for the first run, and then Ethier catching that foul ball to allow a second run to come in. Either one of those doesn't happen and the Dodgers are sitting comfy.

Only silver lining is everybody hates Mattingly and I can't imagine they keep him. Hope they get rid of swing-ruiner Mark McGwire too.

While they're at it, kick Crawful to the curb, send Rollins into retirement, and sign the fuck out of Greinke again. It'll be good to have Ryu back next year, and get a goddamn bullpen please.

Gonna root for the Cubs from here on out, gotta love 'em. I think I like them to sweep the Mets, but I'm gonna be safe and say it goes 4-1.

Was really hoping to see a series with Kershaw, Greinke, and Arrieta all there. Would've been awesome.
Crawford coming in to pinch hit for Grandal was very puzzling to me when it happened. At that point you may as well have sent Ellis up. His ball in play made me hold my breath for a minute, but still, that's not exactly a decision I would have made.

Crawford coming in to pinch hit for Grandal was very puzzling to me when it happened. At that point you may as well have sent Ellis up. His ball in play made me hold my breath for a minute, but still, that's not exactly a decision I would have made.

Crawford coming in to _____________ is a puzzling decision. Classic Donny Mats.

But yeah, Grandal hasn't been able to hit shit since he got injured.

I think we'll win this weekend, but in the overall scheme I don't think we'll compete this year. Maybe squeak into the playoffs but we don't have the juice for a serious run, likely a one and done at best!!

Hopefully Kam should play better this weekend too, he had a poor game last week... Gotta scheme better for Greg Olson

You guys look like a team that needs a veteran center. I heard the Saints got a veteran guy in the off season from a team desperate for a TE that can't block.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom